close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CRC, Sep 12, 2003.

1. CRC

CRC Sarah's Dad

I'm looking to purchase a fullsize .40cal Glock. The main purpose is home defense and target. I already own a G27, (which is my main carry gun), G23 and G36. I'm looking at the G35 vs. G22, maybe eventually getting both, but can only get one now. Opinions from people who have shot both please.

Anyone using the G35 in competition, if so how does it compare to non-Glocks in competitions? I've never done any competing, but see guys at the club shooting all non-Glock, centerfire at 50' competitions. They are all 1911 shooters and say the Glocks wouldn't be as accurate for them. Any validity to those statements? - Craig

2. EOD3

EOD3

A Glock isn’t as "adjustable" as a 1911 but it will generally shoot better than the person holding it.

3. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

4. jv56

jv56 member

I would buy the Glock 22 that is perfect combo the G22 and G27. Glock 22 is a shooter! Good luck.

5. Big_Jim

Big_Jim

I would have to second this opinion. I'm not so sure the 35 offers that much over the 22. I have thought about a 35 but I'm not so sure it would do anything better than the 22 I already have.

6. kimo

kimo

I've had a 35 for a year now and love it. I can make one jagged hole about 2x2 w/20 rounds at 25 yds no problem. I use a red dot scope on a carver mount. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

7. CRC

CRC Sarah's Dad

I was contemplating how much more accuracy I would get with the longer distance between sites on the 35 vs. the 22. I was thinking that if I ever did get into competition the 35 might have the slim advantage on accuracy. I hope to get to a store next week where I can hold both side by side and compare how they feel. Thanks for your opinions so far. - Craig

8. cheygriz

cheygriz Venerable Elder

One thing's certain. You can't go wrong with either. I love my G-22, but that's just a matter of taste.

9. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I have 2 model 27's and 2 model 22's...I try to shoot GSSF....the model 22's outperform what I can do every day, the only thing I have done is to add 3.5 polished connectors from CGR...otherwise I feel i am shooting a 35...I also replaced my night sights with drop in Bomars...I have about 26,000 rounds through the new one and about 20,000 through the old one...yeah I know...I am very happy with the 22's;f

10. Kodiak PA

Kodiak PA Bear Land

I don't own a 22 but I got a great deal on a 35 and bought it new for $430 at a military exchange gun show. I have a 19, 20 and 36 but the 35 is my favorite by far.

I love this gun. It is very accurate, has a great trigger (it has a stock 3.5 connector, trigger job and a NY1 spring). I usually shoot Gold Dots 165 or 185 out of it and have had 1500 rounds fired through without a hiccup. I carry the gun in a FIST IWB.

I love the long thin grip, sight radius and with a simple zipper vest conceals well. This is just a fun gun to shoot. After working my other guns at the range I always take the 35 out last for some fun shooting and 10 ring hits. The 22 is a great gun bugt for something different you may want to consider the 35.

11. CRC

CRC Sarah's Dad

Thanks for all of you opinions, I hope to compare both this week.
    - Craig

12. F Golebiowski

F Golebiowski

I have owned six Smith & Wesson, five Sig/Sauer, three CZ-75, six Beretta, eleven Colt, two Kimber, and six other Glock pistols. My current Glock 35 is by far my favorite pistol. For me, it just doesn't get any better! ;f

13. Shady

Shady Under the tree

The 35 was specifically designed with competition and accuracy in mind. That extra 1/2" of barrel will help. If target and competition work is it's primary use, the 35 has a slight edge over the 22. I've had the 22 and currently have a 35. If you wanted to occasionally carry a larger gun I'd give the nod to the 22, but within your stated interests, the 35 is the king.

14. glockodile

glockodile Confederate Son

FWIW The G35 will carry just fine as well with the right holster. I have carried a G35 everyday in my place of business IWB for years. I carry the G27 while not at work.

15. CRC

CRC Sarah's Dad

Thanks for all of your opinions. I just came home with my new G35. I'll go to the range tomorrow to sight it in. I did a side-by-side comparison of the G22 and G35 at the gun shop. I liked the feel of the 35 a little better. I wanted a fullsize .40, I wanted a Glock and I wanted the longer site distance in case of competition use in the future. I can't wait to shoot it. - Craig

16. KIDCOP

KIDCOP Rifle Master Millennium Member

Congrats!

I carry a 35 everyday and find I like it more than the other pistols that I currently own. No body in the department beats me when it comes to range day either. Enjoy.

17. CRC

CRC Sarah's Dad

Do you have the stock adjustable rear site on it? I went and shot today with it for the first time and sited it in. I was pretty bad at 50' non-supported. It seems that I have developed a pretty mean flinch. Any suggestions?

18. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Practice, dummy round drills, dry fire drills. 50' is 17 yards, which is a moderately long distance for handgun accuracy. Newbies should shoot groups at 5, 7, 10, 12 yards for a while first.

19. CRC

CRC Sarah's Dad

Just kidding. I don't do any dry-firing, or hardly any. I'll take your advise. I used to be able to hit pretty well at 50', I don't know what happened all of a sudden.

20. Cyclist

Cyclist

I find the 35 balances notably better than the 22, comes with an extended slide safety and competiton trigger. I've been shooting 1911's since I went in the Marines in 1977 and can shoot my Glock 35 and 21 as well as if not better than my $2k 1911's