close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GLOCK 35 vs HK USP .40

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by -, Jun 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Guest

Is the Glock 35 as reliable as the HK USP .40 Fullsize? And is the Glock 35 more accurate the the USP at ranges at about 75 to 100 yards? Did(or can) the Glock 35 pass all the torture tests that the Glock 17 passed? Would you consider the Glock 35 to be military grade(or combat handgun)? And Which gun would you rather have and why?

2. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

I have had a 35 for about 4 months now and have put about 1500 rounds thru it. The gun is wonderful and I have had no problems whatsoever with it. I regularly shoot it at 20 yds and can get a 3 inch 5 shot group. I have never shot it 100 yds seriously. Why are you concerned about accuracy at 100yds with a handgun??? The problem at that point is the shooter(at least in my case). I can't see the friggin target. I can say that I have never missed the dirt backstop at the range however.
    For fun I have scavenged clays from the shotgunners that didn't break and put them on the hillside. Then from about 15yds. I would draw and shoot them in sequence. I can usually hit 9 out of 10 with my first shot and the second shot usually does in the one that tried to get away. As I usually practice with paper plates I am always amazed that I can hit the clays so consistantly. They are much smaller than the plates and I seem to catch the edges of them a lot of the time but those florescent clays are no problem

3. KIDCOP

KIDCOP Rifle Master Millennium Member

I've never had any problems with my 35. It goes on duty with me everytime I put the uni on. It's a Glock need I say more? It also shoots real nice. If you like 1911 sized pistols this is the one for you. Kid

4. tjr678

tjr678

I just got back from the range after putting 300 rounds through my 35. I shot the range's HK .40 for 50 rounds. The Glock is a much better choice. My grouping is twice as tight with the Glock. My advice is find a range with both guns as rentals and shoot them both...it is a personal choice, and mine is the G35.

5. stewart

stewart

I own both.

I like the G35, then the G22 then the HK USP40.

The HK is very accurate on some days I can outgroup the Glock and then on other days I cannot.

These are simply two different guns.

The trigger pull on the HK is smoother than the Glock in S/A mode, but in D/A mode it is a little too heavy. The Glock does not have this problem. The HK has a hammer, sometimes I find myself anticipating the hammer drop vs the Glock not having one. I really like hammerless guns better. If you are new to firearms, you might prefer the Hammer and thumb safety of the HK.

The big difference for me, Aftermarket parts. Glock parts are everywhere, NOT so with the HK. I can't even get Heinies for the HK?? When you finally find someone who has parts for the HK they want $$$$$.

The HK has a great name with quite a bit of history, that's why I bought one.

That said, whenever I ever I go to the range or shoot an IDPA match, the G35/G22 is with me!!

6. Rodman

Rodman

just wanted to add my 2 cents. i cant say anything for the glock 35, i dont own one. but on the other hand i own several glocks, and they have all been reliable, not one has had a hitch. my department carreis H&K 40, and i will tell you that i hate them. i can shoot one well, but i hate the way they feel, and the trigger is horrible, and every time i go to the range with the guys from my department, at least 1 or 2 of their guns fail, double feeds mostly. i personally wont carry one. i paid for my own glock 23 to carry and have my 27 for backup. i trust my life to that gun, i cant say as much for a H&K. as far as i am concerned stick with a Glock or a Sig, they are the 2 best pistols in my opinion, and of course thats just my opinion, take it for what its worth.