Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done the other upgrades to both my Glock 34 and 35. Sometimes we don't know when to stop... Ultimate trigger , SS rod, spring kit, ghost ultimate 3.5 connetor and titanium saftey. The only other thing I was thinking about was a Titanium or skelotonized SS striker from Glockworx.

Does anyone have any experience with that upgrade and is it worth the 100.00. I am very happy with my trigger right now, but it seems there is always something else. I am not just sure this is something the average guy shooting at the local gun clib is going to notice. The combination of the other upgrades definatley made a difference. Appreciate the opinion of other GT's. I find you can save money and grief by asking first. Ussually someone has had some sort of experience to pass on, either bad or good. thanks in advance. Brad

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Share a picture of the G34 with the ported barrel if you have the means..

I have my trigger on my G17L as good as It'll ever get & it's with all factory springs & an LWD Connector.. Still need a new recoil rod assembly though..

I really wouldn't waste the $100 on the striker as I'd bet you can't feel the difference..
Maybe you can though?

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
I don't care what anyone selling these things says: Titanium isn't the right metal for a striker, and that's why the original Glock part is made of steel instead. I don't buy the standard rational used (falsely claimed actually) for making them out of titanium, and I wouldn't waste the money even if they were only twenty bucks instead of a hundred.

It won't make your trigger pull feel any different, and as for the decreased lock time: I don't think any human being could possibly tell the difference. Even if lock time were cut in half, what human can actually feel the difference between 1/200th of a second, and 1/400th of a second???

Titanium is for aircraft wing spars, golf club shafts, and a few similar things. Using it to make Glock parts is just another scam to fool people with a marketing buzzword.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My two cents? They are made for transfer purposes. They transfer your hard earned money to the manufactuer of the strikers for not much in return for you. Just sayin'. Decreased lock time? Like its been pointed out, probably 80% of the shooters on this board would not realize any improvement.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
You'd be better off buying $100 worth of ammo & shooting it at the range..
This will give you better results IMO..
Enjoy those Semi-Long-Slide Glocks G34/G35

·
20,411 Posts
It will lighten your wallet enough to allow you to run faster and jump higher. More important than the world's lightest trigger is the world's smoothest trigger.

·
Semper Paratus
408 Posts
My two cents? They are made for transfer purposes. They transfer your hard earned money to the manufactuer of the strikers for not much in return for you. Just sayin'. Decreased lock time? Like its been pointed out, probably 80% of the shooters on this board would not realize any improvement.
On top of that, do you carry these guns? I could point out numerous legal reasons why carry guns need to stay stock. And if they are range only guns, buy ammo. I fell into that fad with a range gun of mine and found that even after all the wizz bang toys you can add to it, nothing matters without practice and I'm a better shot now with my new stock guns than I ever was with my fancy parts gun because I focus my money on ammo and trigger time now.

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
i have a couple and they made a big diference in the trigger, not to mention lock time. i wouldn't want them on all my glocks but for the ones they're on they work great and do what i wanted them to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will take one tonight and post it on this thread. I think bassed on the response I will save my money. Thanks

I have my trigger on my G17L as good as It'll ever get & it's with all factory springs & an LWD Connector.. Still need a new recoil rod assembly though..

I really wouldn't waste the $100 on the striker as I'd bet you can't feel the difference..
Maybe you can though?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have done the other upgrades to both my Glock 34 and 35. Sometimes we don't know when to stop... Ultimate trigger , SS rod, spring kit, ghost ultimate 3.5 connetor and titanium saftey. The only other thing I was thinking about was a Titanium or skelotonized SS striker from Glockworx.

Does anyone have any experience with that upgrade and is it worth the 100.00. I am very happy with my trigger right now, but it seems there is always something else. I am not just sure this is something the average guy shooting at the local gun clib is going to notice. The combination of the other upgrades definatley made a difference. Appreciate the opinion of other GT's. I find you can save money and grief by asking first. Ussually someone has had some sort of experience to pass on, either bad or good. thanks in advance. Brad
northerner said:
I will take one tonight and post it on this thread. I think bassed on the response I will save my money. Thanks
+1, and save your money.

Can't speak from experience with a after market titanium striker, but I have used a titanium safety plunger which wore at a relatively low round count. Being a critical part, I swapped it for the OEM plunger. So I am naturally suspicious now of any after market parts that use titanium, that may not have been machined out of a billet of high strength alloy and gone through the proper heat treatment to obtain a sufficient and safe hardness to sustain loads and fatigue in the firing sequence. So from that stand point, I definitely wouldn't buy one for carry or duty use, but if you do make sure you at least do a thorough inspection of the striker the first couple hundred of rounds, keep an eye on it, and replace as necessary. And from a functionality and competition standpoint, I seriously doubt you'll see a significant difference in your split times from using one. The striker weight difference alone is negligible.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
waste of money. keep it stock.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Like you, I'm all for it. If it's better and I have the cash, I might spend it.
My problem is, I haven't been able to verify the quality and reliability (not that important on a range gun, very important on a carry gun).

But, I'm talking range here, not carry, so...
My reading a while back said (and I cannot quote sources) that there is no industry standard for titanium: how much, what quality, how produced, etc etc. That led me to believe that titanium is like pork and beans. Maybe someone can shed some light on quality of titanium in glock after market parts. That would give me the confidence that the spend is worth the attempt at 'perfection'.

I'll keep reading these post for 'real info' (of which I've offered none) and hope to learn something.

·
Scottish Member
11,989 Posts
I don't care what anyone selling these things says: Titanium isn't the right metal for a striker, and that's why the original Glock part is made of steel instead. I don't buy the standard rational used (falsely claimed actually) for making them out of titanium, and I wouldn't waste the money even if they were only twenty bucks instead of a hundred.

It won't make your trigger pull feel any different, and as for the decreased lock time: I don't think any human being could possibly tell the difference. Even if lock time were cut in half, what human can actually feel the difference between 1/200th of a second, and 1/400th of a second???

Titanium is for aircraft wing spars, golf club shafts, and a few similar things. Using it to make Glock parts is just another scam to fool people with a marketing buzzword.
Good post, I wouldn't use one if they cost less than the OEM. I've seen broken
Ti firing pins, I've never seen a broken OEM FP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/northerner10/DSCN3078.jpg

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff385/northerner10/DSCN3081.jpg

There are a few pictures

Maybe you can though?

·
Registered
20 Posts

Your like me, Glocks are fun because of so many aftermarket parts to try out. My G27 has a ghost rocket 3.5lb, fulcrum aluminum trigger, XS big dot sights, 40-9 conversion barrel which I had some concerns with but trying a new part to see if it will work better.
I bought a titanium striker tried it and it shot well. It has to be faster. When I got it I was surprised how light it was. The back 1 inch of it is hollow. But as for durability I don't know. I'll find out the more I use it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts