close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35 Review

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shooter2, May 15, 2003.

1. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

2. Shark

Shark

Nice review. However, I disagree with your assessment recoil of the G35. I find that due to the increased weight of the slide the muzzle flip and the felt recoil is the softest of all of the .40 glocks. Enjoy the finest glock out there!

3. jpshaw

jpshaw

Will have to agree with shooter2. Its a catch 22 situation. Longer barrel = more weight decreasing recoil. But longer barrel (usually) means higher velocity increasing recoil. Recoil is the reaction to the action. The more action, the more the reaction. A light load will not benifit as much from more barrel and the G35 will recoil less. However, I have some 180 gr Lawman brand that recoils a lot more in my G35 then in the G23. Usually the hotter loads will utilize the extra barrel enough to make up for any weight increase and the lighter loads just the opposite.

.40 Club number 14

4. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    I just recently picked up a G35, and haven't shot it side by side with my G23. But shooters keep saying the G35 is easier to use for accurate distance shots. That is good to hear.;a

5. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I just bought my 10th Glock, a G35. I've only had a chance to shoot it once at an indoor range, but I was quite impressed with its performance. This one may be my favorite Glock. I already have a KKM 9mm conversion barrel on order for it and I hope to purchase a KKM .357SIG barrel soon.

6. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

The first time I took my G35 to the range, I saved the last 5 rounds (180-grain Blazers) for a try at the 20x20 inch plate at 300 yards. My first shot was well short, the second was slightly over, I pulled the third about a yard to the right. But my fourth and fifth rounds both hit home.

That's when I decided to use this gun as my duty weapon. I have since installed Meprolight green/orange night sights, and I installed a NY1 trigger spring to bring the trigger up to about a 6-pound pull.

My concealed carry gun is now the Glock 27.

7. stiletto raggio

stiletto raggio

Although a lot of you seem to like the 27, I am big enough that a 23 conceals very well on me, and if I need a smaller gun than that, I need a much smaller gun. If anyone made a good tactical holster for a G24, I would think that would be a superior thigh rig weapon, although probably too long for a belt gun.

The 23 is going to be my go-to gun for a long time, but when I ahve the cash flow for another .40, it is going to be a G35.

8. Squadman

Squadman CRUNCH CuTTER

I own a 33 and wanted the 35 for competition and occational carry. Boy was I surprised on how easy this gun shoots, feed it 165 grains and you have the softest shooting .40. Now it hs new Heinie Slant Pro, black in he rear and Tritium in the front. DiD I say I carry this gun too. squadman

[​IMG]

9. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

Did you put them on yourself?

Good shooting!
    :) :) :) :)

10. Squadman

Squadman CRUNCH CuTTER

I do not have a sight tool so VAARMS who I ordered it from intalled it for me. I took it to the range and it shot about 2 inces to the left, I used their sight tool to drift it to the right and centered on the slide. Now it shoots POA. I talked to Heinie and they asked if my Glok sight shot POA, they gave me the parts number. squadman

11. Squadman

Squadman CRUNCH CuTTER

Here is the rear in black only.
    [​IMG]

Here th front blade with tritium, higher than the stock sight.
    [​IMG]

Tritium front as seen from the rear.
    [​IMG]

12. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

Squadman -

I have a new G35 and I immediately installed a set of Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight sights (tritium front & rear). My front sight is also taller than the stock sight (looks just like yours). I really like them for target shooting. I've only had the chance to shoot it at the range one time and the sights were right on. I have also recently acquired a 9mm conversion barrel and a .357SIG barrel for it -- it should be interesting to see if it still shoots to POA.

13. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

I am picking up my G35 tomorrow ;f What would everyone suggest as far as accessories, ammo, holster. I already picked up 2 boxes each of 165gr and 180gr Winchester USA @Wallyworld.

14. Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I would like to have a 35, but i dont like the cut out in the front of the slide. What does everyone else think about it?

15. philkryder

philkryder

I thought that the cut out on the G35 slide was intended to make the slide weight equal to the regular length model.
    Is there really a weight difference?

16. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

I think that the G22 is 22.92 vs. 24.52 for the G35, so the difference is minor.

Good shooting!
    :) :) :) :)

17. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

Ace makes fine tactical holsters for the 34/35. You can even get them to hold a 34/35 with an M3 light attached and one extra magazine.
    http://www.acecase.com/holsters.htm

18. Poohgyrr

There are a lot of good holsters out there these days. IWB conceals and supports better than OWB. ;c

In leather, I haven't had any problems with Sparks or Kramer. Sparks sends you a confirmation letter when they get your order.

In Kydex, Blade Tech works well for me, and I'll be looking at Side Armor as well for any future holsters.

19. Poohgyrr

FWIW, there are folks CCWing G17L's, which is a tad longer than the G35, which folks also CCW. For myself, CCWing the G35 vs. something smaller really is more of a mental thing. When I have a lazy day, the G23/27 somehow seems easier.. I'd guess the G22 would beabout the same for me. ;c

20. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

Yeah, I got my G35 Friday (had to order it) and I didn't realize it had the cut-out. It is suppossed to speed it up and lighten the front a little. I'm already used to it though. I would suggest getting one;f I LOVE IT!!!