Glock 35 on FIRE!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 78alpict, Feb 3, 2016.

1. 78alpict

78alpict

I think the Glock community will enjoy this. This guy is burning it down on a tuned Glock35 with some super fast competition pistol training.

2. Chop Suey

Chop Suey

Pretty much how I do it.

3. screwedby

screwedby

Yeah, but can they shoot slow and deliberate like I do and scatter holes all over the target?

screwedbygoogle
    original username modified by google

4. 78alpict

78alpict

Haha, I like the comments.

5. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

I too could shoot circles around his groups......

March817 and Bruce M like this.
  6. banger

banger

This can't be real....

The 35 is in .40 cal....

All the internet experts say you can't shoot the .40 fast or accurately.

Besides the experts say it hurts their hands.

To say nothing about being in the "Tour of Duty" game, it is a less desired caliber.

7. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

I don't think those were full-power .40 defensive loads. Not even close.

And when you're shooting one shot, rapidly reloading, then shooting another single shot, power/recoil isn't a factor. You can see how fast a person really is once they get into the multi-shot drills or shoot+move+shoot stages.

Don't get me wrong, he's very fast; WAY faster than I ever was, or ever will be.

But if you stand in one place, and shoot the same drill over and over and over again, most non-competition shooters would truly be surprised at how fast they themselves could get at shooting similar drills. You conserve some motion here and there, break the shot as early as possible, and most importantly, there is no penalty for missing; you just do it over again. And again. And again, until you get one really good/fast "take" for the camera.

Then you do it all over again with the next drill. Then you edit all those one-great-"takes" together into a longer video.

In my opinion, it's about as unrealistic a form of shooting as I can think of (max speed shooting for a video). I'm way more impressed with a person who can do it on-demand from concealment, without missing or bobbling any reloads, every time, even if it takes them 3 to 4 times as long per drill to get it done.

For my money, the coolest part was the time-lapse clip of the ammo being loaded/reloaded.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting cynical in my advanced-middle-age...

8. 78alpict

78alpict

V
    Very true about one shot recoil and standing still, but did you watch through the entire video? He does triple shot drills with reloads in between, and towards the end there are some run and gun drills with what appears to be a reload on the run.

9. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

Yep, I watched it all, several times, in fact. As I said, he's good/fast, no doubt about it.

10. 78alpict

78alpict

oh ok, my apologies, I may have mis-understood the response haha

11. my_old_glock

my_old_glock

I would love to try out his gun.

12. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Interesting.

13. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Am I the only one that thinks the film is sped up? I'm not saying he is, or isn't, shooting those times, but the video itself is sped up. Just look at the video as he "walks" toward the camera. :dunno:

14. soundsmith

soundsmith

There are parts of the video that are slowed down and sped up, when he walks towards the camera it is sped up which is a common thing to do in post in the interest of saving time (seconds), but the shooting excerpts are normal speed.

15. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

It's even better to watch in person.

16. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

That's certainly fast, allot of Grand Masters couldn't do that, but it's not USPSA competition because it would not only be timed, but scored also by hit factor, points divided by time. That is what creates the illusive mixture of time spent and points earned. Notice hits are not shown on paper. Just being able to crank 6 rounds in 1.31 seconds from the draw is pushing .16 splits but without scoring points it doesn't mean much. Those are staged events, to newbies they look cool, but by his stance, I would say he's probably about %78, or just in A class, if classified at all. Loading on the move is nothing, everyone does that. Nils is the reining GM champion in Limited, and listen to the rhythm, much slower than the video guy because he shooting most all A's.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  17. bac1023

bac1023

18. 78alpict

78alpict

So I noticed you can't see hits on paper with that little YouTube screen either. I actually connected it to my larger HD TV to full screen and could see some of them. Towards the end of the video the section that's slowed down with the 3 targets is 5 A's and a C. At the very end of the video there is a random looking Mozambique that appears to be all A's. The .86 Mozambique from the rear view is 2 A's and a low B. Yea the 1.31 is fast, if you look at that timer it actually shows split times on the top, the .86 Mozambique and 1.31 6 shot string is actually .11 splits! Getting into Jerry Miculek speed. That's a cool video, always love to see Nils.

19. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

Here is our local hero,Taranosaurus

20. 78alpict

78alpict

G
    Good Stuff!