close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35 instead of Colt CRG better choic efor Marines

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MannyA, Jul 24, 2012.

1. MannyA

MannyA

Wouldnt the G35 have been a better choice for the MEUSOC?
    More fire power, easier maintenance, less than $1800+\gun.
    Your thoughts?:dunno:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Probably not. I doubt there's my .40 S&W ammo in the Marine Corps's stock pile.

If they really wanted to go glock a 9 mm or a 45 ACP model would probably be a better choice.

3. dkf

dkf

They probably want to use .45 or 9mm so a G34, g17 or G21 would be a better choice IMO. They could have went with another polymer pistol from HK, M&P or whatever. I think a polymer pistol with more ammo capacity would be better for the application that the 1911 but that is just my opinion.

4. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

How hard do you think maintenance is on a 1911? Field strip, cleaning and lubrication are easy for anyone not suffering from a neuromuscular disorder.

5. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

I'm sure the guys in Recon know what they want in a pistol. And the 1911 recon Marines have been using for YEARS is what they want to keep. Recon Marines have been using the 1911 since the 1980's, they're just finally buying new guns vs. rebuilding the old guns over and over. They deserve some new guns, don't ya think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Semper Fi

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  6. Toby196

Toby196 Fetching a rug.

Excellent point. I was about to submit a long post about how it's silly to choose this gun over something like a HK45 or G21, I hadn't considered the point you've just made. So, while I think there are better choices out there for a modern combat .45, I do think it makes sense why an elite unit, which has continually been effective with a 1911 pistol, would choose to continue using such.

7. DocWills

DocWills

this is one of those special units with a certain weapon being mission critical. Command decision here, I dont care if they want kel tecs. :wavey: