Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Is the glock 35 competitive in ipsc standard division?
Do you mean Production Division?

If so, not really. The G34 is the more common tool for the IPSC Production Class. This is due tot he fact that there is no major classification in Production Division --> no benefit to shooting major in production class.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Do you mean Production Division?

If so, not really. The G34 is the more common tool for the IPSC Production Class. This is due tot he fact that there is no major classification in Production Division --> no benefit to shooting major in production class.

Pretty sure he means Standard given that in IPSC, the G34 and G35 are both too long for Production Division (maximum barrel length 127mm). In USPSA the G34 and G35 are Production legal though. Note that the rules are different between these two shooting disciplines. IPSC is shot worldwide, USPSA is only shot in America.

Competitiveness is a function of your ability. Would Dave Sevigny be competitive with a G35 in Standard Division? Most definitely.
So are you as good as Dave Sevigny?
That's the question you have to ask yourself. Why handicap yourself in a division that allows hi capacity single action competition guns with something that is basically a service gun?
If you want to shoot a service gun then shoot in Production Division.

I shoot a G17 in IPSC Production (B grade about to break into A grade) and I enjoy it, but the guys who are top of the ladder in Australian IPSC are all using CZ SP01's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure he means Standard given that in IPSC, the G34 and G35 are both too long for Production Division (maximum barrel length 127mm). In USPSA the G34 and G35 are Production legal though. Note that the rules are different between these two shooting disciplines. IPSC is shot worldwide, USPSA is only shot in America.

Competitiveness is a function of your ability. Would Dave Sevigny be competitive with a G35 in Standard Division? Most definitely.
So are you as good as Dave Sevigny?
That's the question you have to ask yourself. Why handicap yourself in a division that allows hi capacity single action competition guns with something that is basically a service gun?
If you want to shoot a service gun then shoot in Production Division.

I shoot a G17 in IPSC Production (B grade about to break into A grade) and I enjoy it, but the guys who are top of the ladder in Australian IPSC are all using CZ SP01's.
I'm not as good as Dave but I'm working on it.........I shoot both the G17 and the CZ SP01 in Production in Canada where mag capacity in limited to 10 rounds. The only difference between the guns for me is muzzle flip so the CZ is slightly faster in minor.I'm wondering if a magwell and a Jentra weight would tame the muzzle flip in the G35 a bit to make it less flippy.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm not as good as Dave but I'm working on it.........I shoot both the G17 and the CZ SP01 in Production in Canada where mag capacity in limited to 10 rounds. The only difference between the guns for me is muzzle flip so the CZ is slightly faster in minor.I'm wondering if a magwell and a Jentra weight would tame the muzzle flip in the G35 a bit to make it less flippy.
In Australia we're also limited to 10 rounds magazines. The CZ's are very nice guns but sometimes they're a tad unreliable (slide stops breaking, etc). Generally though they are a better comp gun than the glock because of the reduced slide mass, heavier gun weight and double strike capability. I haven't reached the full competitive limits of my glock yet so I'll keep shooting with it until I feel that the gun is holding me back and not the other way around. :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
I agree, a fine choice, but, keep that IPSC box handy when adding mag extensions, magwells and aftermarket sights.

Assuming you'd want to run Arredondo extensions (the box legal +3 kind), sights like the Dawson Adjustables or even Warren Tacticals are too high for the box.
Typical magwells (THE/Dawson) also need the rear to be flattened flush with the backstrap.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The G35, for Ipsc Standard, is going to be substantially more "flippy" than your G17 or CZ SP01.

The Major 40 ammo versus the Minor 9mm ammo will be the biggest difference.

You aren't going to get any love (results) by chasing equipment. The fact that you seem to shoot the heavier CZ "slightly faster" tells me that you need work on your grip and stance.

Do you know how to do that? If not, seek help in this area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts