close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35 barrel vs 24 (unported) barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockster_James, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Okay, its still official, my next Glock is going to be a Glock 35. But just started thinking about how cool it would look with the Glock 24 barrel in it, extending out of the slide. :cool: Was wondering if anyone has both guns or knew anything about how much more accuracy, velocity, range, etc. can be gained out of having that extra .7"? I'm guessing won't really gain much other than the slight added forward weight and the cool look of an extended barrel. Thanks in advance everyone. ;I

2. BKD in Texas

BKD in Texas Millennium Member

Have a KKM 24 length barrel (6") in one of my 35's now. Don't care much for the looks, but I am trying to wring every last shred of velocity from the hot handloads I'm shooting. (Using it for a hunting handgun).

I figure I'm getting from 25 to 50 fps more with the longer barrel. IF you don't need the extra velocity, I don't see the point in it. For me, the barrel alone was cheaper than buying a new 24, and the 35 length slide handles better (shoots quicker) than the 24.

Take Care,
    BKD

3. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Thanks for the response. The gun is pretty much going to be used for anything and everything. Not much for competition though being that thats not really my cup of tea. But wouldn't mind trying new things with it. And so for me any amount of velocity and accuracy I can pick up would be awesome. :) Thanks again for the response. ;I

4. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

I doubt it would affect accuracy, as it won't extend your sight radius.