im looking at the lonewolf 40sw-9mm conversion barrels
and i was looking at the ported 4 and the 6 and also
the reg conversion plus the threaded conversion to add
a compensator.. thats my options at this time would
like to hear from you if you have any of these setups

·
Dungeon Schmuck
5,892 Posts
I own a LW 9mm conversion barrel for my 35. The only "problem" I have is the need to use fairly hot 9mm ammo to reliably cycle the action. "Ordinary" 9mm ammo only ejects about 6" out; NATO 9mm ejects about two feet. The added metal in the barrel needed to close the bore down to the 9mm diameter DOES make a difference in cycling energy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My logo is completely gone. Did the top and and right side in less than 2min. Didn't go for mirror. I matched the finish of the barrel. All tools are in pic.

·
Dungeon Schmuck
5,892 Posts
Did you try changing the recoil spring to a softer one?
Thank you for jostling my thinking.

At the time I got that conversion barrel, I did not have any non-standard recoil springs for my 35, and I found a deal on enough NATO 9mm ammo to stall the advance of an understrength mechanized brigade. Years later, I fell into a deal that brought me a range of Glockmeister springs that ran from 11lb up to 24lb. I realize now that I could have done the testing you suggest. Thanks for boosting me out of a mental rut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.