close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35 .40 s&w?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mesteve2, Aug 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mesteve2

mesteve2

I am interested in the subject firearm.

What is the pros and cons?

thank you

2. solo17

solo17

i bought my g35 about a month ago and i love it the long barrel feels more balanced to me. its very easy for me to shoot i shot it in idpa last wwendnesday and gun did great except for my front sight broke off but i was meaning to change it anyways i got about 2500 rounds through mine and not a hitch wasn't really a 40 fan till i got this gun

3. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    Yup, these are pretty good. The 2nd gen G23 is still my favorite, but the G35 isn't bad at all.

;c

EDITED: Sometimes the barrel seems pretty long, but it always feels just fine when shooting, not a problem at all. It may be that I am just used to the 4" barrel on my old G23.

4. Dino Rustler

Dino Rustler

What do you plan to use it for? It might be a little large for concealed carry. Do you plan to shoot IDPA, GSSF, etc. ? If so you might want to see what category that gun would shoot in. If you can try one first. I seem to be only person that doesn't like the G35. Love the Glock 24c, but the G35 is a totally differant animal for me. If you shoot one and you like it, go for it.

5. ExiledViking

ExiledViking

My G35 is my 7th Glock and by far my favorite.

Well balanced, accurate, and a hoot-to-shoot!

J

6. Smokecloud

Smokecloud

just got my G35, shoots way better than my G22, has a better balance to it, looks cooler than the others. my factory 3.5lb trigger breaks at 4.3lb at least until I get time to fix that. the stock sights suck, but we all know that. Dawson fiber optics are on the ordering list. the extended slide release, for me, will probably have to go, because my fingers and thumbs are long and i end up resting my thumb on the slide stop, causing it to not lock the slide open on last round. one of my friends, has the opposite complaint, he keeps locking the slide open while shooting, he also has big hands. If you are going to buy a glock, its the one to have. at least until they make a long slide 45, or a long slide 10mm might be a hard choice also.

7. mark836

mark836 Guest

Nice long sight radius.
    edit: Smokecloud they make a longslide 45 now, barsto precision. has a complete upper w/ 6" barrel.

8. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Look, there are no cons to this gun. I was the world's biggest glock hater until I bought mine.
    Just go buy it and be happy ever after.

9. seandaly

seandaly

I've owned my G35 for 2 months, and it's an excellent gun. I really never gave it much of a look until I rented one at the range on a whim, and from that moment on, I was hooked. The G35 is my 2nd Glock, with my G23 being my first.

Pros:
    better sight radius
    better balance (to me, personally)
    lighter and smoother trigger pull
    higher velocity
    usually better groupings, especially at a distance
    great looking gun too! :cool:
    adjustable sight

Cons:
    Well, it's big, probably not the best choice for concealed carry.

I'd highly recommend the G35.

10. Sgt_Steiner

Sgt_Steiner

The Glock 35 is my favorite Glock. I think of it as the 1911 of the Glock world. It has excellent balance, nice long sight radius, and looks good. Holds 15 rounds of .40. The longer barrel increases velocity. Recoil is minimal for a .40 cal pistol. The only other Glock .40 I like is the 23. The 27 is too small and the 22 feels unbalanced to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Since all the posts have been positive...
    ... I had one and didn't get the results I was hoping for. I am a very experienced Glock shooter.
    I'm a big believer in the .40/10mm/357Sig family and I might have to give the 35 another try, especially after seeing Sgt_Steiner's pic's.
    I have a KKM .40 barrel in my 20 and really love it, fantastic accuracy with several loads.
    So I might just have to get my 35 back from my FFL, it's been there for almost a year, get KKM barrels in .40, 9mm and 357Sig, a set of Heinie's and give it another go.

12. Sgt_Steiner

Sgt_Steiner

What did you not like about it?

13. Smokecloud

Smokecloud

sgt steiner,

you must have just got that one, mine was 20 numbers lower, same serial number, ive only had mine about a week now, love it.

14. Sgt_Steiner

Sgt_Steiner

Just got it this weekend at the gun show but it's not my first.

15. Shady

Shady Under the tree

16. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

I love mine. It's the second G35 that I have owned. I sold my first three years ago and regretted it since.

I have mine set up as a carry gun. I have trijicon night sights, a 3.5lb connector with NY1 spring, and a standard magazine release. I also use six factory 15 round fml magazines with it.

My gun goes well with the G23 and G27 that I use. I bought the G35 for carry and for IDPA competition. It really shoots well. I don't have it in my carry line up right now because I can't afford the holster that I want for it which at the moment is a Galco F.L.E.T.C.H. leather thumbreak holster.

As of now I am getting it broken in with about 1900 rounds through it so far. Not a single glitch.

I think seandaly summed up the pros and cons of the G35 quite well. As a concealed carry gun it is large, but not larger than a full size 1911, and fully loaded with 16 rounds of .40 it has twice the firepower and is probably lighter than a fully loaded 1911 with 8 or 9 shots.

If you don't already, you would do well to own this gun.

Best,
    Dave

17. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Sgt_Steiner:
    On a whim I bought a G-20 and a G-35 on the same day.
    Shot them side by side for a couple weeks.
    I got better off hand accuracy with the 20 and the recoil seemed lower. I expected the 35 to be my every day gun and the 20 to be a safe queen.
    I have been very impressed with KKM barrels so they might deliver where the factory barrel didn't. I'm getting groups of about 3" with the best 8 or 9 of 10 at 25 yards with my KKM .40 barrel and Blazer brass 180's and Fed 155's (nice, hot load). With my stock 35, I was getting groups of 6 inches or more.

18. Sgt_Steiner

Sgt_Steiner

Six inch groups? Something is wrong there. The 35 is much more accurate than that. I wonder if there could have been something wrong wth yours.

19. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

I'm beginning to think so.
    I've been doing it long enough to tell an accurate pistol from an inaccurate one. I used several types of ammo. Nothing that I could see wrong, mabey just a lemon. I've owned many Glocks in the past and the 35 was the only inaccurate one I've come across.
    I shot a freinds 35 that was quite good, that's why I bought one.
    There are three used ones including my old one at my FFL. Mabey I'll get one of the others and give it another try.

20. Glock3540

Glock3540

New member here. I had my G35 stolen about 3 yrs ago. I've missed it badly. I carry a G27 daily, but loved the extra sight radius of the 35. It was also the best balanced pistol I've ever shot, and I've shot most.
    I had one of the first G35'that Glock produced. In fact, Kramer made me a shoulder rig out of horsehide, and I had to wait for awhile while he had a mold made (the pistol was so new he didn't have one).
    I talked my son-in-law into purchasing a G35 when he bacame a Florence Policeman and he also carried it when he was promoted to the DA's office. He never had to fire the weapon in the line of duty, but he did "draw down" on several "suspects" during his short career (he's a salesman now, more money!), and he said the extended slide length of the G35 ALWAYS commanded attention!

I'm now looking for another G35. I also have a few questions.
    Do the newer model G35's have any of the new "Safety Features" (internal locking systems,etc.) that seem to be on most of the newer weapons I've purchased recently?
    Also, How long do you guys think it will be until Glock starts shipping the now legal hi-caps with new pistols? ( now that the idiotic NAZI=Clinton Crime Bill has lapsed...)
    Any and all replies will be appreciated.
    Thanks,Brian