close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35 / 357 conversion question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tango415, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Tango415

Tango415

Good morning all,

I hate to beat a dead horse but since the search function is DOA...

I'm about to trade for a G35 and then immediately convert it to 357 sig. For those that have done this, how does this round perform in the G35 platform with respect to controlability?

Thanks!

2. Bob

Bob G23/C,G24/C,G33 Millennium Member

I'm not recoil sensitive but I've enjoyed shooting the G35/357SIG combination in the past. If you get a ported barrel it will help reduce muzzle flip. I shoot a G32C as well without issue.

3. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Works Great!!
    Extra weight out front.
    Makes a fast bowling pin gun.
    Really!!;f

4. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

I think this is a conversation that makes sense. The longer barrel of the G35 should help .357 performance.

5. Tango415

Tango415

thanks guys,

all your comments have been very helpful and confirmed my thoughts. Now it's time to head to the gun store! ;f

6. tall terry

tall terry

It is a very good conversion, I've been shooting it for 3 years. the only 2 considerations I have found are, use 357 magazines for 100% reliability, and the better the barrel, barsto, kkm, jarvis, etc, the better the accuracy.

7. SugarD

SugarD

I am doing the same as Tango, My question is:
    Does the 357 barrel fit without mods into any Glock 35. I was told that the guide rails on the older glocks 40's would not support the 357 sig round???? Are all Glock 35's 3rd generation???
    Thanks

8. tall terry

tall terry

Same here, I got the G35 with no intention of using it other than as a 357 SIG. all G35's have the reinforced rails. the guide rail issue affected all of the early 40 caliber glocks until serial# prefix CGF if I remember correctly, some one help me out here!! All KKM barrels drop right in, most of the jarvis barrels drop in, no fitting, none of the barsto barrels drop in, and need fitting for the weapon to function. I use the KKM. in retrospect, I would choose barsto or jarvis if I had it to do over again. there was a group buy on the KKM's (thanks cheeks) and thought I would give them a try, having already had experience with the others I've mentioned. anyway, whatever barrel you choose, it is a great conversion. good shooting. To get 100% reliability I have to use 357 mags, they are different than the 40 caliber version. TT

9. Tango415

Tango415

would simply changing the follower do any good or should I go whole hog and get all new mags?

10. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I have several Glocks; the G35 is my favorite. Soon after I bought it last year I purchased a KKM 9mm conversion barrel as well as a KKM 357SIG barrel. The gun shoots perfectly with all three barrels. I just use G17 and G22 magazines. I did NOT find it necessary to replace the gun's ejector and/or extractor. I do use an aftermarket non-captive guide rod with different recoil springs depending on the load I'm shooting.

One thing that still amazes me is that the G35s POI stays the same regardless of which barrel is installed... at least for distances up to 25 yds.

11. tall terry

tall terry

the feed lips are shorter on the 357 mags than the 40 mags, this holds the cartridge in the mag a little longer with the 40 mags. I had numerous nosedives in the magazine, as many as 5 per mag with G22 mags. I had 28 mags for the 40 and ALL had identical feeding problems, tried a dozen different ammo types, feeding issues abounded. all cured with 357 mags, no problems. your particular setup may never have a problem. Mine was a nightmare, until after 9/14/04, when 15 round 357 mags became available. TT

12. Cheeks

Cheeks

Yeah that deal made me lose my distributor pricing. Alot of dealers complained to KKM. I feel I exposed KKM barrels to alot of folks because I believe in them. I haven't ordered from them in awhile. Kevin didn't tell me about it. I found out on my invoice with my next order. He did tell me he only allows his distributors to sell at retail pricing though. This was after my second order.

I am glad those that bought in the group buy liked them. I sent the profits to GT. Since some of the sponsors sell KKM, it will never happen again.