close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 35 0.357 conversion

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Slocs, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Slocs

Slocs

Guys, I have a Model 35 that has recently become illegal in Australia due to our 0.38 calibre restriction. If you're interested full details of the new laws here are at http://www.handgunbuyback.gov.au/

Doing a little research on the forums here suggests that a 0.357 conversion should be a pain free exercise, provided I also purchase some original 0.357 mags.

To assist with my research can anyone recommend a reputable barrel brand that I should look at?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Slocs

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Barrels from Lone Wolf, KKM and Federal have worked well for me.

3. CRUEL HAND LUKE

CRUEL HAND LUKE

Why do you need 357 mags??? I use high cap G22(40cal) mags in my 31 and have never had a malfunction. I also use them (40 cal hi cap) for my spare mag for my glock 33 that I carry everyday. Once again, no malfunctions in 5 years(got the 33 in 4/98 and the 31 10/98). CRUEL HAND LUKE

4. hal9000

hal9000

For some unknown reason the 10 round .40 magazines do not work with the 357 Sig. However the "Hi cap" .40 magazines will.

That being said. I seriously doubt that with a .38 caliber restriction on handguns and some of the most oppressive gun laws in the world, Aussies will be able to get the "preban" magazines of any type.

5. Slocs

Slocs

Thanks for the info.

I currently have the original hi-cap 0.40 mags, but these unfortunately become illegal because they hold more than 10 rounds.

It makes sense then to replace them with 0.357 10 rounders which should function well.

Thanks again

Slocs