close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 34's, Compinsated Glocks, and Competion Shooters

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by akapennypincher, Jan 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Vacillating between a Glock 19 Compensated, and a Glock 34 for the Range, in my next Glock Purchase. Might try my hand with this local group that is mostly a bunch of Jurassic Guy shooting twice a month kind of IDPA Style Fun Matches (but not totally by the book) as they have ZERO equipment restrictions, not prizes, no trophies, just kind of a Bimonthly Fun Shoots. But they do do a event monthly per IDPA all the way, so if i was to step up to the REAL DEAL, the question would be if i had a Glock 19 compensated, or a Glock 34 would they both fall in to the Same Class of Firearm under the IDPA rules. if I get the 19-C I think of putting in a 3.5 Pound Connector, as it will be a Range Gun Only!!!! Input apprieciated...:) ;) :) ;)

2. Taipei Personality

Taipei Personality

Compensated guns are not allowed by IDPA rules. A Glock 34 would be stock service pistol, unless you have done some (limited) mods to it, such as a mag well. In that case it would be enhanced service pistol. Complete rules can be found at http://www.idpa.com

3. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Thanks for you Quick Reply...

Pp ;Q

4. Yar

Yar

I'd get the 34 and just change the sights and add a grip plug. You'd have a nice shooting gun, that would be IDPA SSP legal. Personally I don't know if a compensated pistol makes that much of a difference on a 9mm. If you wanted to comp your 34 you could just add a compensated barrel. Like the ones from KKM, EFK, or Wolf

5. shootingbuff

shootingbuff Millennium Member

As you know I perfer the 19 to the 34, so I suggest a 19 and not a 19c unless you want to get a standard bbl for IDPA (non ported).

You can shoot the 19 or 34 in SSP or ESP. ESP being the harder to qualiify in. So the question is why would you? Maybe for the same reason I shoot my 19 in ESP - becaue I can ;) that and I shoot the 26 in SSP. Got to give those others a chance now don't I ;) lol

sb

6. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

A 19c with a solid barrel is fine and legal as is a 34. I prefer the 34 but if I was to shoot a 17 or 19 I would go ported as you get a little faster slide speed with the ported slide for competition and the factory ports work very well for when you want a fun gun.

7. Trey

Trey

I like the 19 and 34 (have both) but the 34 IMHO is much more fun to shoot. For "fun guns", you generally see a prevalence of 5+" barrels opposed to 4" barrels. Why? They are generally easier to shoot. But you could just buy them both and spare yourself the agony of the decision. :cool:

Shoot alot, be safe and have fun!

8. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

yar, better look at the IDPA rules again. Plugs are not allowed.

9. Yar

Yar

I guess your right. Shooting in MT they told me they were OK as they didn't not consider them mag wells. Then again local/club matches are probably quite a bit more relaxed in the interpretation. So I assume a grip plug WOULD fall in the mag well classifcation and move you to ESP.

10. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

Yar,

I like the page it's pretty awesome

11. Yar

Yar

Thanks,

YSR and I will be there this Sat, as well as The folling sat with Mike. We should try to shoot together.

12. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

13. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

*QUOTE*
    add a grip plug

Careful with the grip plug. There's discussion as to whether it's legal in SSP. I queried IDPA they said its ok. Some state matches say no. The good thing is you can remove it.

If you reload the G35 could be down loaded for IDPA and up loaded to major for USPSA Limited/Limited 10 or kept minor forUSPSA/Production.
    FWIW

14. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

Yar, since you are going to be at Norco this coming Saturday, the 11th, be sure to shoot the IDPA match also. My crew and I are ROing the IDPA match for JoJo. There is a discount to shoot both matches.

Remember this simple rule, if USPSA allows, IDPA does not. And Bill Wilson is especially hard on Glock mods. Course anyone could buy the IDPA organization and change the rules...

15. Yar

Yar

Sure I'll shoot IDPA also. I'll just return my G35 to stock configuration (with the exception of the aftermarket sights.