Glock 34

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 1stang08, Feb 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 1stang08

1stang08

So I just ordered my glock 34 two weeks ago with my GSSF old certificate. I didnt want the fixed sights, so I ordered the 34 with the glock night sights. How long do you think it will take them to get my 34 in since they had to order it from Glock?
    My anticipation is like a child on Christmas day and I am 29 years old.:dancingbanana:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

2. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

I thought most night sight models came from Smyrna... but then I could be wrong... Should only be like another week or 2 from your original date I think.

Someone else should be able to answer better... This is just my experience.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010

3. rljan

rljan

I ordered mine in early January. Still waiting.

4. Jon_R

Jon_R

I think the production works in large batches so it is hard to gauge when a particular model will be made. When they decide to make 34 slides they will make a bunch based on the orders they have to fill. Once that is complete they change it around to make the next thing say G22 slides, etc. Eventually they get back around to 34 slides. In general I am sure Glock does not want to warehouse to many pistols so they setup the line to make a specific part for on hand orders plus some then switch the line to what they have next most orders for.

I personally wouldn't want night sights on a G34 unless it was for open carry or a gun in the nightstand. To me the 34 is to big for CC and it's best purpose is in competition shooting. All my competitions are done in the day so on my 35 I installed Warren Competition sights with a FO front.

If I had to pick my next Glock it would probably be a 34 standard sights which I would replace.

5. RFPhoto

RFPhoto

At the PD I work for, our Entry/SWAT Team uses the G34/35 as their standard sidearm. No reason NOT to use NS for those guns unless its competition only. I am waiting on the Gen 4 G34/35 but that will be a few months out.

6. 1stang08

1stang08

I am getting the 34 for competition and night stand use. I can always change the sights later on if I dont like them.

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

I bet they open carry them. :)

8. Messenger

Messenger American Made

That is exactly what I did. Ordered my G34 back in July. It just came in last week. I had the Warren sights waiting. I originally put Warren sights on my G21sf and it made a big difference. Great sights.

9. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

You waited 7 months? Or it was on layaway and he didn't order it until you paid in full? I'm confused this seems like a long wait even if your G34 was shipped by Jetski from Austria...:faint:

10. GIJack

GIJack GIJack

I traded my NIB G17 even for an NIB G34

GIJack

11. Doc Pathfinder

Doc Pathfinder

I ordered a G-34 back last October with a GSSF random pistol win. I finally got the gun in March but have to say it was worth the wait.