Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chnace to trade my 34, for a Springfield XD .45 5" model. I have been wanting the Springfield for some time and like the way it feels. But I also like my 34. Having both would be nice, but not an option really.

What input does the collective have for this choice? The 34 is mainly a nightstand gun, but see occasion carry when the weather permits the right dress. I don't have a .45 right now, but have had many and love the caliber. I do have other 9mm guns though.

Any pros or cons for the XD, or even, would you make the trade, suggestions welcome.

Thanks
-Kirt

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
well, ill say this.....I traded my Glock 17 i had for 8 years....one i said i would NEVER sell......for an XD-9 Tactical!!!!!

the XD is the sweetest gun i have ever shot....and that includes Glock, Sig, Beretta and Smith....

the grip feels so much better than the Glock, even with large hands......

and all my XD's have been rock-solid reliable with no issues....

and this being Glocktalk, youll get the complimentary bashing of the XD, but it is a really nice gun.....

and just to ward off the negatives: the rust issue has been taken care of, since June of 06 all guns now come with Melonite....

and you can order most of the parts for an XD except for a few that SA will not sell.....plus SA warranties the gun for life, and has Great customer service :)

·
OIF2, KFOR12
1,509 Posts
Having experienced an XD SC9 and .45 Tictactical, I found I still prefer Glocks for the lower bore axis, faster reset and plethora of aftermarket options/support.

I no longer own the XD's.

SIG, Glock and wheelies for this guy.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Had both, only have the XD45 now. Just something about 14 rounds of 45 ACP in my hand makes me feel good. :)

See which one feels better in your hand and go with that one. Or, better yet, get one of each

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have a Glock 34, it was the first Glock pistol I bought and I have no intention of selling it.

I chose an H&K USP Elite pistol for my big, enormous, large capacity .45 pistol.
It isn't going anywhere either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts