close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 34 slide

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tucsonstan, Sep 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Tucsonstan

Tucsonstan Guest

I just purchased a Glock M-34 and was wondering if anyone knows where I could send the slide in to have the hole at the top front filled in or where I might be able to get a slide without the hole. I think if something can get jammed in there the gun would be useless. Glock didn't save much weight by putting in the hole. I think it's stupid. Thanks to anyone that can help.:cool:

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

the hole is supposed to be there. what do you mean they didn't save weight? the slide weights about the same as a G17 slide. what would get jammed in there that would render it useless? the Beretta have an exposed barrel from the slide as well and no problems there either.

if you must fill it, you could always use JB Weld ;Q

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Why not sell it instead of ruining a perfectly great weapon. ^8

4. Tucsonstan

Tucsonstan Guest

Thanks very much for the replies to my question. Guess I'll leave the slide the way it is and just enjoy another Glock to my collection.:)

5. Menehune

Menehune

I don't know if teh slide was cut so much to save weight, as it was to improve bablance. The 34 and 35 are, to me, the perfect Glocks. They balance very well in the hand, do not cycle any slower than the 17/22 design, and target transition is very well handled by the 34/35.

6. AZ Jeff

AZ Jeff

Trust me, the slide WAS CUT to SAVE WEIGHT. If you compare a G17 slide with the G34 counterpart, you can see several differences in the internal profile.

These differences were made to attempt to make the G34 slide weight as close to the same as a G17. In the Browning-type short recoil type locking system, same weight means same slide speeds with the same springs, locking blocks, etc.

You should see the cutouts on the the inside of G17L slide--they are even more radical, all the in interest of keeping the weight of the reciprocating mass similar.

Closing up that hole in the slide on a G34 would require some other elements of the pistol to be altered, and that's not cost effective.

I have shot a G34 in competition for 4 years, and have yet to have any foreign material get in the opening in the top of the slide that hindered the guns function.

7. Apeman

Apeman Token White Guy

Well since you already got hammered by everyone else.I will just tell you that Caspian makes a solid slide.

8. Miss Demeanor

Miss Demeanor

That slide cut is great! I purchased a Jarvis barrel and sent it to Magna-Port. I now have a nice comp gun.