Glock 34 rear sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ramtough47, Apr 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ramtough47

ramtough47

Just purchased a 34 and was wanting to know some thing about the sights on this gun.First, do they come from the factory pretty well sighted in or do i need to expect to make some adjustments?Second, if i'm looking at the sights from the ejection port side, the two screws are for height and windage,which is which.If Matt from Custom Glock Racing see's this i would really appreciate his comments on these sights and if he thinks i would just be better off to send him my slide and let him fix me up with some Hennies.

2. utccop

utccop

Are the sight adjustable and orginal Glock? I took off my glock adjustables because they do not have click adjustments and it's just turn and shoot if it doesn't print where you aim. Although most are adjusted right from the factory, but different brands of ammo shoot different location, +p+ or standard. I've got an LPS adj. sight on my Glock 35 and Aro-Tek target sights on the G34.

Most of the after market sights are user frendly. Just knock the Glock sight out of the dovetail with a wooden dowel and most of the others just slide in the dovetail and are tighten up with a set screw. Then shoot and move it until it prints where you shoot. The front sight is plactic and can be twisted off with a pair of plyers. The after market front sight fits in the hole and is tighten down with a screw from inside the slide.

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

To me the factory sights are pretty much worthless and there are far better sighting systems available.

4. gary newport

gary newport

Actually, the newer Glock adjustable sights DO have click adjustments, albeit rather coarse ones. However, as Matt says, there are far better choices out there. My G34 currently wears Meprolight adjustables. If I were picking sights now, I'd look at the Dawson plain black adjustable rear and fiber-optic front for a non-defense G34.

And, if Matt drops back in, what is the best way to "disable" a fiber-optic front for GSSF legality? Spray-on sight black is messy to apply and I wonder how easy it would be to remove from the fiber-optic--what would you use, solvent, alcohol, or??? Any other ideas?

5. spookshack

spookshack

Gary newport,
    do you have pics of your Mep. adjustables?

6. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

What he said.

7. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

More info please about adjustable target sights for Glock 34.

8. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"Spray-on sight black is messy to apply and I wonder how easy it would be to remove from the fiber-optic--what would you use, solvent, alcohol, or??? Any other ideas?"

Huh, have been using spary sight-black for years. Just a puff does it and it wipes right off just as it's designed to do. May have to use a Q-Tip or toothpick on rebated Trit. or optic but it's no problem at all. Birchwood Casey makes good sight-black, FWIW.

While Dawson's relatively new adj. rear is superbly made most personally know use the Bo-Mars especially made for Glocks. They hang off the rear of the slide by ca. 1/4" or so but are cheaper and can be used with a number of aftermarket fronts including Dawson's optic ones. Not to mention can often use a significantly shorter front sight depending on gun and/or caliber/load, etc.