close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 34 Range review....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bapple, Feb 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Bapple

Bapple

Took a trip to the range today with the G34. Been a little while since I have been due to ammo prices and such. I had almost forgot how magnificent the G34 is to shoot. As you can see from my target pic, I fired a 20 round group that I can say is impressive for me.

Fired 2 10 round series both at 7 yds (21 ft.) for accuracy. Was all done standing, no rapid fire, just testing my best accuracy possible. I came away rather pleased seeing how I have not been to the range in 2 1/2 months or so. Other than the 1 flyer to the lower left, and possibly the bullseye hit, grouping was very good for me.

The G34 is an absolute pleasure to shoot, recoil very mild, trigger has a very nice break to it, very predictable, and balance that is second to none on any other Glock I have ever fired.

Any experienced shooters give me any reason on why I seem to be shooting just a tad to the left? I know I have seen mention of that being kind of common here before, but was just wondering if anyone had an tips to correct that a tad?

Great day at the range with the G34, adios...:wavey:
    [​IMG]

2. spartan985

spartan985

3. u4ea

u4ea

Shooting left is usually due to flinching and anticipating the recoil.

4. Glockaholic

Glockaholic CLM Millennium Member

5. Aaron Geisler

Aaron Geisler

You might have to move the rear site to the right just a small bit.

6. Stuntman_Mike

Stuntman_Mike /̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

Yep.

Gotta love the 34 and 35. Both are great at making ragged holes with one magazine.

7. Zertek

Zertek

:agree:

8. TRIGGER_1

TRIGGER_1

Looks good to me............:wow:

9. DarwinOSX

DarwinOSX

No, he needs to work on trigger control and sight alignment.

10. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

dont move your rear sight.
    fix the way you shoot.

you are pushing the trigger because you dont have enough finger on the trigger.
    it causes you to push the gun slightly to the left.
    put a tiny bit more finger on the trigger and see how it goes.

G34 is a great gun. much like my 17, but even better!!
    enjoy it!!

11. Kula

Kula

Yes, I have to agree with jhayesvw, not enough finger pressing the trigger. I also had or still have the same problem with my 34 shooting left since the day I first shot it. Comming from a crisp light 1911 trigger didn't help much either. I have also drifted my rear sight to the right with little help to my grouping.
    I have held the pistol low out in front of me and dry fired it and can see me pulling the gun to the left with a normal press of the trigger. I then move my finger further on the trigger and dry fire again and notice less pull to the left. I hope this will help you!!

12. Tom1121

Tom1121

In that technique correction picture, what does no "follow thru" mean?

13. J3Colt

J3Colt Glock-Off

Can you add a box for me somewhere on this chart that says "Aim Plain Sucks?" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. AustinTx

AustinTx

How is it possible to know that? From the information so far, I can't tell if he even has a rear sight. Don't you need to observe a person actually shooting?

15. fusegsp

fusegsp

Man, I want a G-34. It would be another brother to my 17,19,and 26. I may even go crazy and get a 17-L even though those things are ugly as a Nambu.

16. ecmills

ecmills I shoot guns.

No.

Hell no.

Your shots are going to the left, almost certainly, because you are not pulling the trigger straight back. Look at the way your finger curls when "air gunning". This the the typical reason righthanded people shoot a glock a hair to the left, and leftys shoot a hair to the right, when first learning.

I hate people who offset their sight to hide their problem, because I'm lefthanded. I pick their gun up and shoot WAAAY off to the right. :upeyes:

Dryfire and range time will correct your offcenter hits pretty quickly. The fact that they're so consistent and very close to the bull almost certainly eliminates severe milking of the grip as the problem. It'll just be a small technique correction and some practice. :)

17. ck1

ck1 Some Dude

I don't think you're pulling the trigger straight back and may want to examine your grip (Glocks are so light that a poor grip technique will manifest itself as off target hits more than in heavier guns).
    Dry-fire a bunch and examine your grip and trigger pull and that group will move over to the center.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  18. rimler

rimler

Great Grouping.

19. sgt rock

sgt rock

Im off a little also .

[​IMG]

20. WT351

WT351

As I understand and practice it:

Press the trigger straight back and hold it after the shot goes off. Control the trigger's forward movement to the point of reset and then begin to press again if you are going to fire. You should both hear and feel the trigger reset (at least in the initial stages of learning proper trigger control and follow through, after that you will likely only feel it because your shot speed will be increasing).

Additionally, for each single shot fired you should have two sight pictures. Fire one, prep for two. Fire three, prep for four. This means you are holding the pistol on target in the proper firing grip while it settles back in from recoil.

Too many people pull the trigger and before the gun has settled in from recoil their finger is off the trigger, their grip has relaxed and they are looking over the top of their sights to see where they hit. This can create a "slapping" of the trigger and causes the shot to not go where it was intended especially in multi-shot strings.

As experience and proficiency increase, the time it takes to properly reset the trigger decreases.