close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 34 Owners enter...........

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SIX14LIFE, Nov 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Would like any input on your experiences with the Glock 34. This Particular model is beginning to grow on me, and I might just have to go out and purchase it.

Reliabilty? Does it live up to the rest of the 9mm family from Glock?

Accuracy?

Thank You in Advance!Your replies are much appreciated! :)

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

The G34 is really accurate for me.
    And has been a jewel to shoot.
    Too large for me to carry.
    So I put a RedDot on it.
    Photo is somewhere in here.
    Enjoy.

3. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

It's an awsome steel plates gun using some nice 147 grain rounds in there.

Accurate and well balanced too.

One of my favorite 9mm's to shoot.

4. sundance43.5

sundance43.5

I have put about 600 rounds through mine and it is easily my favorite gun, ever! I buy and sell a lot of guns, but I wouldn't even think of getting rid of my 34. It hasn't had any failures of any kind. In fact, I had a 9mm round that was a crappy reload that I couldn't get my Beretta 92 to fire. I tried twice and it wouldn't fire. I put it in a magazine for the 34 and it fired, no problem. I also REALLY like the 3.5# connector in mine. It is not too light and it makes the pull much better.

Is is VERY accurate when I do my part and the length of the gun and the extra sight radius make for VERY quick and accurate follow up shots.

So, in short, buy the 34! You won't be disappointed.

5. Willard

Willard Who, me?

My G34 is my favorite to shoot. Any time I'm shooting, I _will_ shoot it. All the other pistols are "optional". Much more accurate than am I, recoil and muzzle-rise are negligible, and it's everything any Glock is: tough, dependable, feeds anything in 9mm.

The only downside is CCW.

6. MrFarkle

MrFarkle

Accuracy?
    Very Good....better than most shooters,myself included.

Reliability?
    7K rounds down range on mine....0 failures. Does not include bone head error's by operator.

Buy the G34, but be prepared, this gun does NOT stay in the safe, your other guns will be jealous.

7. doylelon

doylelon

A wonderful gun...I moved to it two years ago from using a G-17 and IMMEDIATELY improved all my shooting.
    In IPSC and IDPA I went from a fair shooter to almost a top 3 shooter in my MM & Production C Classifications.
    The return to sight picture on double taps is immediate with minimal recoil and for long range shots, the accuracy is wonderful.

I love the gun, and use nothing else in competitions...

I wish you the best of luck with it and ask all the other Glocksters to comment regarding your experiences with this piece.

8. Mr Jody Hudson

Mr Jody Hudson

I like mine; it is next to my bed with an attached Glock light, night sites, extended mag. It has been perfectly reliable and is a bit more accurate for me than my 17s and 19s. Most of all, the longer barrel gives it more velocity and brings premium 9mm closer to 357 SIG powers. It is not a lot more accurate for me however. Usually, my most accurate Glock 9, is my worked-on G19, by a smidgeon.

9. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Wow you guys!

I am impressed! Thanks for all your input.I am definitely going to have to break the piggy bank to go and get the G34!

^c ^c #wav

10. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

11. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

;G ;V

12. cl147

cl147 I dig SIG

Do it, you won't be sorry.

I love my G34. I like it so much, I'm tempted to buy a second to use as a CCW gun (carries very well IWB). Any gun that could tempt me to switch from my G19 is a superb example of a firearm.

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

I've been shooting my G34 (Velvet Elvis, it has A-Grip on it), using Dawson Hi-Viz sights, extensive trigger work (2 1/4lbs) with a reload of 5.2gr Vhitavouri N320 & Rem 115gr jhpt, Rem brass & wsp primers for several years as my USPSA production gun. I got it the day after the 34 became legal for prod. class & haven't looked back. Close to 6000 rds w/1 malfunction, fault of operator, not the pistol.
    It has also been used for R&D of a 9mm Major load for USPSA open class & there is 1 area club that is famous for always having an all steel stage on their matches, so there is at least 500 rds of 9 major thru it, zero problems.
    My normal load makes a p.f. of 141, so it's not a download; It seems that the gun is more accurate with heavier loads, althou it just doesn't seem to be accurate with 124gr bullets. All other weights work excellently. Not normal, but all guns are different.

Get one, you won't be disapointed.

uncle albert

14. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Thanks for convincing me! All of you Guys!

Now who here has one for sale?;f LOL!

I will hopefully find one at the next Gun Show in December new. ;H ;8 Just in time for X-mas. ;f

I called my local dealer yesterday and they havent had a G34 in stock for over 6 months. New or used! ;1 ;T

15. LSP972

LSP972

I finally got one last month. I've been carrying and shooting a G19 and G26, plus a G17 that serves as a "car gun", for many years. On a whim, I bought the G34 to "play with".

It has become my "house gun", and is in fact ideally suited for that purpose, as it is large enough to take an attached light and extended magazine without feeling ungainly. See photo; if I can't handle a domestic problem with that, then it probably cannot be handled by one man...

I'm still becoming accustomed to it. I don't shoot it as well as my G19, but that is because it is larger and heavier. I imagine I'll get "better" with it as I shoot it more.

Anyway, you won't regret getting one. As noted, it really is a bit large for CCW, but for a multi-purpose shooter, you can't beat it.

16. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

:) very nice!:cool:

17. Mud

Mud

Love mine i shoot it better than the 17

i am thinking about getting it a brother 35 or another 34

[​IMG]

18. cl147

cl147 I dig SIG

Mud,
    Who did the refinishing job on your slide? It looks good.

Thanks,
    cl147

19. Mud

Mud

honestley i have no idea Im going to lunch with the guy i bought it off of ill ask him

I couldnt pass it up $500 for all this ( mind ya it was also before the ban sunset)

[​IMG]

20. chapperjoe

chapperjoe

WOW that is a NICE PACKAGE for 500 bucks!

I just bought my first handgun, a glock 34~~!!!!!!
    I am gonna be carrying a new russian makarov (second gun i bought yesterday), but my tactical/range/house gun is the glock.

I am looking for mags and a holster that won't interfere with a slung rifle. any thoughts?