Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
What is your purpose? Why do you want irons? Night sights? Fiber optic? Black rear, NS front?

I have iron sights on every one of my red dot pistols because I have some Tactical Timmy in me but honestly all I get from it is a heavier slide and less viewable window. They do nothing for me to help align the dot with the target. YMMV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is your purpose? Why do you want irons? Night sights? Fiber optic? Black rear, NS front?

I have iron sights on every one of my red dot pistols because I have some Tactical Timmy in me but honestly all I get from it is a heavier slide and less viewable window. They do nothing for me to help align the dot with the target. YMMV
Just for looks lol

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Just for looks lol
Cool, it sounds like we are in the same boat. I like the looks of the Dawsons so I don’t usually look farther. I did just put Trijicons on a G19 with an RMR because it seemed to fit the carry type theme for that pistol. I guess they’ll be there if the dot ever dies but it’s going to be a slow shot by time I process that the dot is dead and shift focus back to the sights.

·
Private side
11,589 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Personal preference drives the train, but for me I would avoid a red front night sight to minimize confusion with the red dot. I do not want 2 red dots dancing in front of my when I am trying to line things up.

I went with Trijicon Bright & Tough Suppressor Night Sights on my Gen 5 19 MOS with a Trijicon RMR. They are white and do not create confusion with the red dot.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have Zev RMR co witness sights On this build and the fact that they are blacked out and do to the deep cut of the slide they do not need to be suppressor height and are not in the way at all

CA8BB123-5324-4911-8891-3A475E692146.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts