close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 34 in USPSA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ezterra, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ezterra

ezterra

I just read skimmed through the rules. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I get a Glock 34, I can shoot it in Production which limits mag capacity to 10 rounds or limited, but I'd be scored as minor. Is this correct?

2. Trey

Trey

Welcome to USPSA!

Yes you can shoot your 34 in Production (and Limited, L10, and open). It's a great gun for production.

Mag CAPACITY is not limited but rounds loaded is. IE: You can use a 17 round mag but only load 10 in.

You can load 10+1 when starting a stage with all the other mags on your belt having 10 in them.

All calibers (40,45, 9, etc.) are scored as minor in production. They have to meet a power factor of 125.

power factor = (velocity in fps x bullet weight)/1000

3. Joe D

Joe D Guest

Here's a thought if you have not bought a G34 yet. The G35 is a much more versatile gun. It shoots softer than a G34 when loaded to the 125 pf. It can be shot in ESP, SSP, Production, Limited and Limited 10.
    If you do not reload then go with the G34.

4. want2race441

want2race441

I went through the 34/35 choice as well. I don't reload so I went with the 34. I shoot Blazer Brass at .12 cents a pop. Runs perfect even with me meddling with the internals of the gun a little.

Holster shopping will be easy as most places make models for the 34. Same with sights. Search for either and you'll find some good info on here.

5. ezterra

ezterra

Thanks for the input fellas. I do reload, but I'm not set up for .40. I'm set up for .45ACP. I primarily shoot a 1911 in CDP, and I've only recently gave USPSA a shot.

Here's my situation. All IPSC/USPSA matches are shot on Sundays in my area, and I work every Sunday. So I'm guessing I'll make it out to a few matches a year. However, there is a huge Glock match put on at one of the ranges which consists of nearly 200 rounds. I think there is 10 stages. This match has been getting nearly 100 shooters the last couple of years. So I mainly want to shoot that match. The catch is there are no divisions and everything is shot minor.

So I figure since work will keep me from shooting USPSA on a regular basis, I'll be fine shooting production with a G34. And the primary reason why I'm getting the Glock is to shoot the Glock match, the G34 would be ideal since everything is scored minor.

Reasoning sound good?

6. want2race441

want2race441

Sounds good. Is that Glock match a GSSF or something put on locally?

7. pstmstr

pstmstr

Need to check GSSF rules before you get the 34, you won't be able to shoot in stock civilian class with it. USPSA Production rules are different, I shoot mine there and love it.

8. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I'm pretty certain that he is talking about a "glock only" uspsa match held up his way. Something about "gator" something or "croc" something. There was an article in the recent Front Sight magazine. Looks very interesting, wish it wasn't 2000 miles away from me. MLM

9. Joe D

Joe D Guest

I like the idea of a Glock only match. That way we don't have to associate with the "unwashed masses" shooting those inferior guns.

10. ezterra

ezterra

Nope, not a GSSF match. It is put on locally, of course anyone is welcome to come out and shoot it. It's basically a USPSA match in which everyone must shoot a Glock, and there are no divisions and everyone is scored minor.

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Never mind - thought he was talking about a GSSF "Glock match."