Glock 34 and Warren Tactical

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Diabolus, Feb 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Diabolus

Diabolus

I just installed Warren Tactical on my Glock 34. I put a rough image together of what I consider a normal sight picture below. With this sight picture, I am shooting about 4" high which is totally unacceptable.

[​IMG]

In order to get on target, I have to adjust my sight picture and have the dots practically on top of each other, picture below.

[​IMG]
    I searched Warren Tactical and I don't see them offering a taller front sight. I emailed them several weeks ago with no response, so I'm really hoping someone here has some advice.

Thanks!

2. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

The top one is the normal sight picture....

FO sights are designed to speed the tracking of the front sight as you bring it up into view, you still align them as if they were a plain black.

Warren does offer a .245" height sight, .215 being standard.

You can go here for Warren/Sevigny sights, Chris the owner is a Gt sponsor:

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010

3. Diabolus

Diabolus

I didnt know they offered a .245" height sight! That might be the answer, do you think that would drop it 4"?

This is great news, thanks.

4. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

i just put the warren tactical rear sight you have on my 17 along with a dawson front FO sight.
    it hits point of aim at 20 yds no problem.

.215 tall front.
    i think a .245 tall will get you really close to where you should be hitting.
    are you using reloads? heavy bullets? etc?

5. X-Spec

X-Spec

It is my understanding that the .215 FS is intended for 6 o:clock hold sight picture.
    The .245 FS is intended to give a point of aim sight picture.

6. tbird911

tbird911

I tried the .245 on a G21 and at defensive ranges (710 yards) it shot about 3 inches low. I had Chris (mentioned above) send me a .215 and now my G21 is a laser.

Tbird

7. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

i think that is true for the sevigny setup.

the warren/dawson setup i have shoots point of aim at 20yds. i know that for sure. put 200 through the new 17 on saturday and it shot great.

8. Ghost361

Ghost361

Just checked mine and they are all the .215. I currently run these on the G34, 17, 19, 26, and 21. Everyone is dead on. This is POA POI. Are you running the tritium or the FO sights. I know the FOs are a little harder to line up in differing lights. Built for speed more than accuracy. Might be another problem.

9. tbird911

tbird911

What do you guys think about using warren fiber optic versus tritium on a carry gun? I really like the narrow fiber optic and it works well in daylight/ less light, but it doesnt gather alot of light in dim, overcast or dark? That being said, I wonder if tritium is really that important? I mean, if its so dark that I cant make out my sights, I probably need a flashlight or not take the shot. What do you guys think? Anyone prefer fiber optic to tritium night sights on their carry/defense gun?

10. Diabolus

Diabolus

I got a hold of Scott at WT and he is having me send in the .215 for a .245. He said this should drop it about 4".

If this doesn't solve the issue, its time for some adjustable sights =)