Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a new Glock 34.5 MOS and mounted a Vortex Venom on it. I have two questions for others that have been down this road...
  • What sights have you had success with to co-witness?
  • Does your dust cover not fit? If not, are there any good alternatives or did you just cut it to fit?
Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already cut the bottom lip off of the front and rear but it's still too high. So just a horizontal cut between the little notches on both ends...?

Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
424 Posts
I thought Ameriglo surpressor height sights work perfect for a co-witness with this sight? Can anyone verify this?

Also, I feel I have read in the past that customers will usually contact Vortex to provide the correct mounting plate and/or screws?

Any advice would be super appreciated, thanks in advance - - as I'm sure this will apply to the new 19 and 17 Gen 5 MOS FS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 34 Gen 5 MOS came with a set of four plates and two sets of screws. Vortex advised to use plate #1 for the Venom. Also, depending on how new the stock is, it may come with a two screws and a hex wrench in a small bag labeled "GLOCK MOS" to mount the Venom (mine had them).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have a picture of their co-witnessed sights mounted?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looking for opinions... Doesn't co-witness kinda defeat the purpose of the red dot? If I have to line up red dot up with front sight, why not just use front sight?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looking for opinions... Doesn't co-witness kinda defeat the purpose of the red dot? If I have to light red dot up with front sight, why not just use front sight?
Rusty, primarily for insurance if the red dot fails, an alternate sight picture. Also in some conditions such as bright sun light, usually early morning with the sun facing you, a red dot can “wash out” making it hard to pick up the red dot. Lastly, if your red dot is not always on in a self defense situation you may not have time to initially turn in the red dot sight. Basically one always have the co-witness sights as back up.

·
Registered
33,149 Posts
My 34 Gen 5 MOS came with a set of four plates and two sets of screws. Vortex advised to use plate #1 for the Venom. Also, depending on how new the stock is, it may come with a two screws and a hex wrench in a small bag labeled "GLOCK MOS" to mount the Venom (mine had them).
So, did you mount and get to shoot your gun? I'm curious to know if those two "Glock MOS" screws that Vortex included in your box worked well for you.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'm waiting for my Dawson sights for my Gen5 19mos. Dawson says only lower co witness. Call them and they will help you out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts