close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 33

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by althor, Jan 30, 2004.

1. althor

althor The Gryphon

I just thought I would ask a question for anyone who can help. I got a Glock 33 for Christmas. Needless to say, I love it! I have been contemplating getting a .40 cal barrel for it though so I can shoot both calibers. This said, a) should I bother with the .40 cal barrel (what advantages?) and b) which barrel would you recommend? Is there one particular aftermarket barrel that offers better chamber support than the rest? I have been looking at KKMs offerings. Lastly, would a longer barrel (i.e. g23 length) be advantageous?

Thanks for your input!
    Althor

2. Gary42141

Gary42141

I've got a G33, and if it were me I'd just get a factory G27 barrel.

The advantage is that you have two calibers in one gun. .357Sig ammo simply isn't available everywhere......try to get it at Wal-Mart, for example. It's even hard to find in some gun shops.

On the other hand, I don't know of a Wal-Mart or a gun shop that doesn't have .40 S&W, and most Wal-Marts have the 100rd white boxes fairly cheap. You'll be able to shoot more often for less money, because .357Sig ammo is usually a few bucks more for a box than is .40 S&W. This is true for online ammo purchases as well.

If you reload....you'll also find that 9mm bullets are much less expensive than the ones designed specifically for .357 Sig, and will function perfectly well if you get bullets with the right profile. Generally speaking, avoid any 9mm bullet that has the long tapered nose.

Can't help you as far as aftermarket barrels. The factory stuff works fine for me personally.