close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 33 vs Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by prebans, Jan 30, 2003.

1. prebans

prebans

Hello, all!

I've currently got a Glock 30 and use that for ccw. My original plan was to get a Glock 33 and use that. However, the store was out of 33's at the time and..... I assume you can figure out the rest. ;f

However, I'm still curious about the 33. For anyone who has both guns or who has fired both guns... What are the differences? Size? Perceived recoil? Loudness?

ANY comments would be appreciated. I'nm thinking of adding a second Glock on to the stable. :)

Thanks again,

Mike

2. redskyzatknight

redskyzatknight Glock S&W Kahr

the 33 is louder, smaller and has more recoil than a 30.

3. loki1701

loki1701 Earthling

I have owned both and did carry the G30 for a short time. I found the G30 to be to fat for me to hide well. I carry IWB and found the G30 to be too bulky for my tastes. The G30 however is a sweet shooter and the advantage of having 11 rounds of 45 on tap is not a bad thing. My favorite and most carried Glock is the G33. I have been a fan of the 357sig since I started reading about it and after shooting it, it's fast, loud and packs quite a whallop. I enjoy letting people try it and watch there reaction to the noise and the kick such a little gun produces.

4. LewisQ

LewisQ 357SIG/10mm

In all, if I have to have only one Glock, it would be the 33! The first one I got, took 3 months to come by but it was worth the wait.

The second took 5 minutes to get...

5. Squadman

Squadman CRUNCH CuTTER

The 33 hides better than the 30. I like them both, but the 33 is my carry gun. squadman

6. LITTLEMAN151

LITTLEMAN151

check out the g36 it is slimmer than the g33 and g30. 7 rounds of .45acp is enough for me!!!

7. LITTLEMAN151

LITTLEMAN151

check out the g36 it is slimmer than the g33 and g30. 7 rounds of .45acp is enough for me!!!

8. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Well let me start by saying Im a fan of the .45acp.
    Its a fine round and has a long and proven track record.

But I thought the G30 is a fat little porker for a CCW in the summer months when wearing a T shirt;f
    I like the G30 and with the right clothes its a great carry gun but
    there is nothing a G30 can do that a G33 cant do just as good while in a smaller package.

The G33 is loud and really fun to shoot.
    I liked my first G33 so much I got another one within 2 months of the first.

Heck who needs a backup mag when you can just pull out another G33;)

9. mannishboy

mannishboy Go Vikes!

I considered all of these subs and chose the G33, with which I'm very happy so far. I had almost decided to purchase a G29 since I like 10mm much more than .45ACP, but I was aware that it is the widest sub and same width as the G30. I know how the width is since I have a G20 - wide, and top heavy. Fine for a non carry gun. I also carry a G23 and that seems like the right width. A G36 would be slimmer but is limited by the magazine issue (no extra capacity). Get the G33 and you can shoot pre-ban high-caps at the range!!;e

10. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Same for me.

The G30 was my first Glock but due to its size, I traded it off. Now the G33 is one of my favs for CCW.

11. Flex

Flex

I love my G30 and G33 a lot. But the G33 is much easier to conceal. There's no arguing that point no matter what size you are.

Flex :D