close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 33 recoil

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1911copper, Aug 4, 2002.

1. 1911copper

1911copper Aequitas

I'm seriously interested in getting the Glock 33. How serious is the recoil? I'm used to shooting Glock 21's (.45acp recoil) Can an experienced shooter handle this small pistol pretty well? The pistol's diminutive size (concealability, comfort) and calibre are the reasons I'm interested in it.

2. willie42408

willie42408

its a little snappy. Not too bad though.

3. roygun

roygun

FOR AN EXPERIENCED SHOOTER IT SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM. MY WIFE IS A GLOCK ARMORER AND MADE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES- INSTALLED FINGER EXTENSIONS ON MAGAZINES-INSTALLED THE GLOCK RECOIL REDUCER FROM WOLFF-INSTALLED THE TITANIUM SAFETY PLUNGER-INSTALLED THE TITANIUM STRIKER AND INSTALLLED A 3.5 CONNECTOR. I HAD IT PORTED BY LEADING EDGE TOOL CO. WHEN I FIRST GOT THE PISTOL AS A GIFT FROM MY WIFE I TOOK IT TO THE RANGE & FIRED THE FIRST SHOT AND BLEW THE FRONT SIGHT RIGHT OFF.KEEPING THE NEW METAL FRONT SIGHT ON HAS BEEN A PROBLEM EVEN WITH A STRONG GRADE OF LOCTITE. I HAVE THE NOVAK F&R SIGHTS ON THE GUN. THE GUN CAN BE FIRED VERY FAST. I SHOOT SIEERA'S 90 GR. BULLET & AA#9 POWDER WHICH CHRONOGRAPHED AT A SCREAMING 1650 FPS. ONE WORD OF CAUTION THERE MY BOY IS ALWAYS USE DOUBLE EAR PROTECTION WITH THE 357SIG- IT IS VERY LOUD AND WILL DRIVE THE R.O. CRAZY WHEN THE BUILDINGS START TO SHAKE. EVEN IN A SHORT BARREL IT IS AMAZING HOW ACCURATE IT IS. I THINK YOU'LL LOVE IT. I SURE LOVE MINE. AND I'M A RECOIL WIMP FOR SURE....;I

4. rchrest

rchrest

An armorer should know that a glock out of the box is going to be much more reliable than one with mods. I say enjoy the G33 and leave the mods to the 1911 shooters! It's snappy but you can get used to it.

5. roygun

roygun

You are right, I should know better, and my darling wife should know better. We made a gun to have some fun with, not something to carry & depend on for life & limb. I still carry my old wheelgun for that. But you see we just can't leave things alone. I was one of those kids who always took apart things........and suffered the wrath of Daddy when he got home. It got real bad when I took apart his '64 Pontiac Bonneville. Since then I'm only allowed to use a Carolina Socket Set-a crescent wrench! Seriously, firearms modifications in a carry gun are a real no-no, that becomes discoveralble evidence to a mean lawyer! Our G-33 is never carried, just shot to enjoy & have a little fun with........:cool:

6. TLHelmer

TLHelmer Millennium Member

Your wife is a Glock Armorer? ;3 ;3

7. gdnctr

gdnctr

Does she have a twin sister who's single, a Glock Armorer, and around 35-40?

Email me ASAP! I'm already in love.

8. roygun

roygun

Yes and not only that but she loves to reload for me too! I'm in shooter's heaven for sure.....:cool:

9. roygun

roygun

You have made my wife's day;a ;a ;a ;a

10. rchrest

rchrest

Good point. Sounds like the G35 I shoot IPSC with. Heavy trigger spring, light striker spring, light recoil spring, magwell. It has functioned flawlessly at the gun club while the Kimbers and other 1911 pistols choke regularly and cost the shooter much time. However, I wouldn't trust it with my life. I trust Gaston's stock creation in my other glocks.

11. Rogue

Rogue X-MEN Millennium Member

The recoil is among the most stout that glock has to offer (with the model 29 edging it out IMO). That being said, if you practice with it regularly and resist the urge to develop a flich, then you should be okay.

12. LewisQ

LewisQ 357SIG/10mm

It sure took some practice to get used to the G33 recoil but nowadays I do love that gun!

13. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I can hardly get a couple fingers on my 32... how you get a hold of the 33 is a mystery to a guy with big hands. My 31 and 32 are so tame it is hard to believe the 33 has recoil issues ????

14. gdnctr

gdnctr

Go for the G32; the 33's too small to get my hand around it, even with the extended mag plates.

15. 1911copper

1911copper Aequitas

Would you say its worse than a G-30?

16. 1911copper

1911copper Aequitas

Well, practicality got the best of me. I looked the G33 over, and set it aside a G26. I kind of was interested in the .357 round just because it was such a zinger, (testosterone factor) but, in the end, I considered: The G33 is slightly larger, has less capacity, heavy recoil, and thus, less controllability, (shot placement being more important than calibre) and the ammo is less plentiful and more expensive.
    I settled on the G26 in the end, because: It is slightly smaller, (I wanted the compact for its compactness;f ) has more capacity, (since I am an LEO, I was able to get the 11rd. mags, too) more controllable; cheap, plentiful ammo; and besides, with the right ammo, the 9mm performs well. Some very HOT loads can be had in the calibre as well, bringing the ballistics to approach of the .357.
    It pretty nice, I got one with night sights (gotta have that) and now I'm itching to shoot it.

17. REFLEX

REFLEX

The G26 is not smaller than the G33, their the same size unless your talking with the extension installed. Any ways, the G26 is a fine weapon. Have fun shooting it.

18. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

The G33 has a stout recoil - more than in the G32.

But for deeper CCW, the G33 is the one to carry.

19. 1911copper

1911copper Aequitas

Holding the two side-by-side, I could have sworn the slide on the G26 was slightly thinnner- if only an 8th inch?

20. REFLEX

REFLEX

The G26/G27/G33 are the same dimension wise according to Glock's website.