close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 33 or Glock 29 w/357 Sig Barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by xtremetj, Nov 24, 2011.

1. xtremetj

xtremetj

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and have decided I want another gun and can't decide which one to go with :dunno:

I have a G19, G26 and G32 and am really liking the 357 Sig round. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a G33 or G29. I figure if I get a G29 and a 357 Sig barrel, I'd also have the ability to shoot the 10mm as well in a CCW weapon for back up when hunting.

Does anyone have a G29 with the 357 Sig barrel? Is it reliable of are they know to have issues when with this conversion? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Greg.

2. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

I have a 29sf and LOVE it! You can convert down to .40SW, .357SIG and 9mm. And the heavier slide mass really helps soak up that .357 recoil. If you get the 33 barrel, you have just that. Get the 29 for 4 guns in one.

I have been leaving most of my Glocks at home since the 29 joined us. It's just the perfect weight and balance of extraordinary 10mm power.

3. xtremetj

xtremetj

How does the 29 carry since it is wider than the 32 and 19? Do you really notice the difference?

4. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

In my opinion, any type of custom work will question the reliability of your Glock. I'd say get both. ;)

5. Dawolf

Dawolf

:perfect10:

6. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

Don't have a G29 but rather a G30sf-same form factor. In the right holster-I use CB supertuck its not a huge differance IMO. The grip is noticeably bigger though than a compact 9mm/40 Glock though so if the gun fits your hand and you like to shoot it just get a good holster and you're done.

I have a 357Sig barrel for my G27 and G22 and both have performed perfectly.

7. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

I carry the G29 and 30, As well as the 27/23/22 often. There is a noticeable difference in the two thicknesses. The main thing you'll notice is the weight. It seems ok with the wider guns, and it is in no way uncomfortable, but switching back to the thinner frame and slide is nice. My G23 just seems to carry so much lighter and better after a few days with the heavier gun.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to keep only one Glock, it would be my 29sf. With conversion barrels, I have much more versatility than any of then other platforms. Get one!

8. cablecutter

cablecutter

Love my 29sf. I have a .40 conversion barrel for it and it rocks. Carry it all the time. 10mm is so fun to shoot. Each shot puts a smile on my face.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Does anyone on GT Carry a G29 or G30 in an ankle holster??

10. MartinRiggs1987

MartinRiggs1987

I agree. In time get both. The question is which one first? Remember the F.P.S. with both Glocks is in the same ballpark (depending on the load). Remember though, you're dealing with a much lighter bullet going the same velocity with the G33. For the up-close edc (and because LE uses the caliber), the G33 should be the next Glock.

Once you have the baby 33, then implement 10mm. Especially since you already have a G32, and you've bought 357 Sig ammo previously. Finish getting all your Sigs and keeping them feed. Before adopting 10mm. Just my two cents.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  11. kellogg10mm

kellogg10mm

I'm all about the '10' have a g20 ported stromlake milled red dot and thinking i want a g29 next and put a sig barrel in it not sure if i will go stock size or not but thinking the g29 running hot 357 sigs round would be very sweet the 29 would soak it up very nicely.

12. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

If I had a 10 mm I'd have to get a 9x25 Dillon barrel.... just for the insanity.... its a 357 sig on frigging steroids!

13. themiller

themiller

I have large feet and legs, and could not get my 29 to not look like I had a board on my leg, unless of course I went into the closet and dug out some bellbottoms... :rofl:

14. kellogg10mm

kellogg10mm

yeah if i get another barrel for my g20 it will be a 9x25 'the only 9 that i would ever own :)

15. Dawolf

Dawolf

Love my 33, but wish I had thought of that combo!

16. dkf

dkf

Since you have a G33 I'd get the G33 because the G32 mags will work in the 33. I would like a G29 but I really don't care for the chunky slide and grip. The 10mm and .45acp Glocks (sans G36) just seem like a gun shape cut out of a piece of 2x6 wood to me. Not what I'm looking for in a carry gun.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  17. xtremetj

xtremetj

I actually ended up getting the G29 and a 357 Sig conversoin barrel for it from LW and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I was curious how well I'd shoot the bigger framed gun when I got it and am happy to report that I shoot it and my G32 better than my G26. So I have to say I'm glad I didn't go with the G33 knowing I shoot the bigger frames better. Now I'm starting to work on getting more comfortable carrying the bigger frames (G32 & G29). My body type just allows me to hide the G26 a lot better but I'll continue to look for different holsters until I find what works for me with my 29 and 32.

18. Slick109r

Slick109r

I'm also thinking about the G29sf w/ .357sig barrel. From what I've read, not a lot of people go this route. To me, it just makes more sense than getting a G33. The 29 is a tank.. and I bet it shoots the .357sig better than the G33 does due to the larger barrel length and sturdier slide. To be fair, I've never seen a G29sf up close and personal, as all of my LGS don't carry the 29!? I wanted to compare the ergonomics to the G33, but I can't find the gun to begin with. How much did you end up picking your 29 up for? Thanks!