Glock Talk banner

Glock 33 + HST

803 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Railsplitter
With performance like this a hard combination to beat for a CCW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,616 Posts
A real powerhouse combination in such a compact form. For a 10 round limit state here in California, this is an especially good carry option. I carry Underwood .357 Sig in my G33 which I have no doubt is excellent stuff but going to hunt down some HST as well. You can never go wrong with HST in any caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!
3,086 Posts
HST is my go to in 9, 357 Sig , 357 Magnum, and 40.
Don't have 10 or 45, but my choices would be HST for 10 and Ranger T for 45. For 380, nothing expands well. May as well carry FMJ.
Can't vouch for any of my choices, only going by Lucky Gunner's ballistics test data and videos like this from @Railsplitter.
The bullet Federal uses in all it's HST cartridges just works - in any caliber except 380.
One caveat - the 357 may be too powerful for SD indoors. It will over penetrate and the blast will ruin your hearing.
Supressor anyone?
My opinion? You simply cannot go wrong with HST.

· Registered
9,128 Posts
Well, I'm sure as hell glad a 357 Sig HST got through four layers of cotton t-shirt. I was holding my breath. :D

When I ran the 357 Sig in my G33 and S&W 40 Shield the HST was top of the list. Underwood with a GD was second.

· Registered
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm sure as hell glad a 357 Sig HST got through four layers of cotton t-shirt. I was holding my breath. :D

When I ran the 357 Sig in my G33 and S&W 40 Shield the HST was top of the list. Underwood with a GD was second.

Yes I thought the t shirt thing was funny, especially when he felt the need to count all 4 layers of wet shirts as if he had to offer proof! That said I think he did a good job of demonstrating why the baby G33 can be carried for SD without compromising performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.