Glock Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
My understanding is leaving your magazine loaded isn't harmful, the spring working compressing and releasing creates more wear than leaving it loaded. Porting will help any round, how much will it help the 357 sig I don't know but I bet it's really loud.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is leaving your magazine loaded isn't harmful, the spring working compressing and releasing creates more wear than leaving it loaded. Porting
My understanding is leaving your magazine loaded isn't harmful, the spring working compressing and releasing creates more wear than leaving it loaded. Porting will help any round, how much will it help the 357 sig I don't know but I bet it's really loud.
Thank you for the reply yes it is pretty loud but I like it

· Registered
3,566 Posts
No and no. Enjoy your 33. Excellent choice.

Edit: If you're talking about at the range, porting may help with muzzle flip and also if the barrel is longer, you will get some more velocity. IMO, on a G33, nothing worth getting an extra barrel for. For carry, stick with the stock barrel.

· Banned
8,024 Posts
You could get a ported barrel for practice but IMO that would be a waste of money. You would not want to use it for carry or home defense because it directs some of the flame upwards in your line of sight. If anything I'd get a stock 32 barrel for more speed and less flash and blast. Night sights and some Pearce PG-39 extensions. I carry my 27 with 32 barrel sometimes with NS and PG-39's.

Reactions: tommyg20

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could get a ported barrel for practice but IMO that would be a waste of money. You would not want to use it for carry or home defense because it directs some of the flame upwards in your line of sight. If anything I'd get a stock 32 barrel for more speed and less flash and blast. Night sights and some Pearce PG-39 extensions. I carry my 27 with 32 barrel sometimes with NS and PG-39's.
I new at the glock 33, and would like to know some upgrades anything like night sights grips magazine, about the barrel would you tell me more about

· Registered
3,566 Posts
I new at the glock 33, and would like to know some upgrades anything like night sights grips magazine, about the barrel would you tell me more about
I'd say start out with some Trijicon HD sights, some GAP floor plates for your mags and maybe a Vickers extended mag release and slide stop. Shoot the crap out of it and if the trigger isn't to your liking, get a 3.5 connecter (Glock, Zev, Ghost) and maybe a competition trigger spring. Oh get a Remora holster too cause they're cheap and everyone should have one for on the fly IWB duty.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say start out with some Trijicon HD sights, some GAP floor plates for your mags and maybe a Vickers extended mag release and slide stop. Shoot the crap out of it and if the trigger isn't to your liking, get a 3.5 connecter (Glock, Zev, Ghost) and maybe a competition trigger spring. Oh get a Remora holster too cause they're cheap and everyone should have one for on the fly IWB duty.
Thank you for the help

· Registered
9,061 Posts
Why give up the power of the tremendous .357sig by porting or compensating? Keep it stock. My real recommendation is to sell it and pick up a G32. Full grip, longer barrel, more ammo capacity, no harder to conceal.

· Banned
6,834 Posts
... sell it and pick up a G32. Full grip, longer barrel, more ammo capacity, no harder to conceal.
I would agree that the G31 is no harder to conceal than the G32, since there is only a half-inch difference in length and height between the two. If you're going to carry a G32 you might just as well carry a G31. But a G33 is very significantly reduced in length and heigth and is much easier to carry concealed than a G32. As far as capacity is concerned...just how often are more than ten rounds required to resolve a self defense situation? Or more than one round? Self defense presentations takes place many times every day in the USA, yet one never hears of ANY high capacity magazine-exhausting shoot-outs.

I have absolutely no fear that I would ever need more than the ten rounds in my G33 in any real-life non-imaginary situation. Does anyone?

· Registered
2,255 Posts
Vickers extended mag release was problematic on my G33g4. It didn't quite fit right and hung up on the frame requiring a push forward before the push in to work. I went back to a factory release but kept the Vickers for a future compact or full size Gen 4 model.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I have 2 questions will leaving my clip loaded will it weaken the spring and will a ported barrel be any benefit for the 357 sig any help will be appreciated thank you tommy
I've found that Glock mag springs are very tough.

No problem with loading them for 6 mos at a time, or at least say 10 years
ago.

No idea about a ported barrel.

Maybe less muzzle rise, but probably much more muzzle flash.

The .357 SIG threads keep popping up as the weather gets warmer and
people are seeing more and more .357 SIG ammo these days.

However, I'm still not seeing any ammo but WWB.

Have fun with your .357 Glock.

· Registered
2,906 Posts
I have 2 questions will leaving my clip loaded will it weaken the spring and will a ported barrel be any benefit for the 357 sig any help will be appreciated thank you tommy
I don't think leaving your magazine loaded will be an issue provided you shoot your pistol from time to time or perhaps rotate magazines...as for a ported barrel, unless it extends beyond the slide, it will do nothing (except blow up on you) unless the slide is also ported...then you have the flash from escaping gasses through those ports...

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.