close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 33: Fail to Feed

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CFII/MEI, Apr 8, 2012.

1. CFII/MEI

CFII/MEI

I just bought a G33 several weeks ago. I have a couple of magazines with the Pierce +1 and a couple with the Pierce +2 grip extensions. If I load seven or eight rounds or more, then after the first shot, it fails to feed the next round. The round will jam up against the bottom of the feed ramp. If I then pull the slide back in an attempt to get it to load, it still will not load. In fact after just trying it once or twice, I noticed the round was ruined because the bullet had been pressed into the casing making it too short. Any advice? Is it the Pierce Grip extensions causing this by making the springs too weak? I never shot it with the standard magazines because I changed them out as soon as I got the pistol. I am shooting Lawman TMJ and Speer Gold Dot ammo. I have fired about 300 rounds with this pistol. Thanks for any advice.

2. scosgt

scosgt

No one can speak to your particular gun, but I would take those extensions off ASAP.
    When my job switched to the Glock 19, a few guys showed up with +2 mag extensions and they all had malfunctions. Eventually the job banned all mag extensions, even the pinky ones for the G26. Really pissed me off!

I think for the extensions to work you need different recoil springs.
    But the best advice is just take them off.

It also sounds like you may not be seating the mags all the way. That is what usually causes the type of jam you are describing.

3. Leathernecker

Leathernecker More Glocks!

Whenever you're having a malfunction with a Glock, my advice is to remove all non-Glock built parts from the equation. Once everything is back to the way it was designed in Austria, test again. If it still malfunctions with all Glock parts, call Glock.

If the problem goes away...there's your answer.

4. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Your Glock 33 in not failing to feed, your magazine extensions are. Get rid of those pieces of garbage unless you are going to use a +10% mag spring.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  5. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Try putting the factory floorplate back on one of the magazines and test it at the range.

The fail to feed you described definitely sounds like a problem where the magazine doesn't feed properly, because the rear of the cartridge is still partly in the magazine and below the breech face. It could be that the protrusions of plastic at the front of each feed lip in the magazine may be oversized, and they're slowing feeding which results in the type of fail to feed you described. I personally experienced this with a couple of G23 magazines, after shaving those protrusions down they work flawlessly. This problem has been reported in all standard capacity .40 magazines except G27 magazines, and it has been reported in G32 magazines. G31, G33, and G27 magazines could very well have the same problem and it just has yet to be reported.

6. CFII/MEI

CFII/MEI

Thanks for the info. My agency just switched over to G32s so I bought the G33 for my new off duty weapon. I will look into these suggestions. Until I get it straightened out I will keep carrying my Sig P239 .357 for off duty.

7. barth

barth six barrels

I bought a new G33 OEM barrel and G33 mags for my Gen 3 G27.
    It nose dives bad on GDHPs. Every other mag fails.
    My P239 eats the same ammo, out of the same box, like candy.

The Glock runs fine with Federal Tactical 357.

Dropped a Storm Lake 357 barrel in the G27 Friday.
    It runs perfect on GDHPs and shoots like this.
    Good luck with that.

1 box of 50 each, 125 gr 357 Sig;
    Speer Duty GDHP, Winchester Ranger T-Series & Federal Tactical JHP.
    [​IMG]

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

I agree--go with the stock configuration to test out the new weapon, and also try out some other ammo you may want to carry.

Get rid of the rounds on which the projectile has been setback--those will cause higher pressures if you try to shoot them, and may result in a kaboom in your new Glock.

I carry Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. in the pipe/mag, with Speer Gold Dot in the spare G31 magazine.

9. barth

barth six barrels

+1 on go to factory and try other ammo.
    I've read other folks having FTF issues with GDHP 357 in particular.
    Have had zero issues with an all factory gun and other 357 ammo.
    Also, 357 Sig ammo seems to be particularly susceptible to bullet set back.
    Check your ammo carefully.
    Try not to re-chamber the same round multiple times.

Good Luck!

10. thesilverbullet

thesilverbullet

had the same problem with pearce +1 plate. the +0 plates work fine

why dont u just get the glock higher cap mags and add +0 plates? 11/13/15/17?

11. Dawolf

Dawolf

I have never had trouble with Gold Dots in my 33, and don't have grip extensions. I got some Hornady critical defense from Cabelas (only place you can get them) and they feed great and are very accurate with reduced recoil.

12. ap430

ap430

Do this! Best way to find the problem is work backwards... remove those aftermarket extensions and use a stock magazine and test again.

13. Little Joe

Little Joe

What have you done with the OEM 33 barrel?