close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 33 conversion

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wade farley, Nov 2, 2002.

1. wade farley

wade farley Sonic 357 sig

I was at the gun show today. yes a real gun show. And found out from a certified Glock armorer that yes, indeed I could switch barrels on my Glock 33 & use an after market 40 cal on my pistol. I know it fits, he put one on. Also, I was told that to load the 40 cal in the mags for the 357 Auto was supposed to work well, as oppposed to the other way around. I,m going to get the barrel as I also like the 40 cal. The ammo is still so much cheaper and I have owned two other 40 cals in the past. It's an upgrade that is under 100 bucks, and that works for me. Question: Has anyone heard anything different on this subject? If so, please let me know. Thanks, Coolness.;b

2. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

my advise is to get a factory glock .40 barrel from a G27 for your G33 if you want to shoot .40S&W.

3. YANGFan

YANGFan

Hmm, what I find odd is the supposed price difference in the ammo. Just a quick look at Georgia Arms' pages shows a difference of a few bucks in 1000 round cases. Where are people seeing such disparities?

4. hal9000

hal9000

Wade,

I don't know where you heard the .40 cal G-27 magazines won't work in a 33, but it is wrong. Both magazines will work fine. It's only when you get into the "compacts" (23,32) and their ten round magazines, that they have a problem with magazine interchangability. I've even heard that the "standard" size (22,31) don't have this problem.

All of this has nothing to do with the standard (some call them "high") capacity magazines. For some unknown reason, G23 13 round magazines will work with 357 Sig in them.

My personal theory is that the subcompact magazines are true double stack magazines, where the compact 10 round magazines aren't.

5. ALLINKEDUP

ALLINKEDUP

Now after getting the G27 barrel, do you need to get differant recoil springs?

6. tjpet

tjpet

Not absolutely necessary to change out recoil springs but after going to 24lb. ones in my G22-23 I found the caliber easier to shoot for repeat shots (less muzzle jump) and brass didn't fly to hell and back.