Glock 32C...school me please...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Kapuna, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Kapuna

Kapuna

Just picked up a deal on a G32C...LNIB... DOB 5/12...
    I already have a G33 and love the .357 SIG round...
    Will this new G32C offer anything special over the G33?...
    Or is this just something to trade off?...

Appreciate any opinions...

2. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Yes, flames & more decibels. Compensated handguns are worthless for CCW. For a range gun they are fine. However, if you don't reload then you'll go broke shooting the .357 SIG.

Always wise to ask these questions BEFORE the purchase. :wavey:

3. AustinTx

AustinTx

Get a 9mm conversion barrel and you won't go broke, at the range.

4. uncleted327

uncleted327

Louder, yes slightly. Flames, sorry this is a myth. I've owned and ccw'd multiple C model glocks and they have absolutely none of the nightmare problems people will tell you they have. No blinding flash, no problem with the front sight being coated in carbon, and no burning holes in your shirt from flames out of the ports. If you like it feel free to carry and shoot it without worry.

5. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Shoot it at night outdoors.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I have over 1000 rounds with my 19C in pitch black indoor range and outdoors shooting. I managed a range before and got to test first hand, most places wont let you do that without prior approval. And have night shot on military outdoor ranges with a variety of guns. There are flames but I never went blind or burned myself, even from retention.Now I didnt shoot from the retention position where the gun is right against your chest and your face is looking down into the ports :supergrin:. I do notice its a bit louder but not drastically.

There are many posts by people who have done this and will admit there is a flash but there is a flash with guns that aren't ported. If you say that people good blind thats wrong if your just saying there is a flash that is correct but no blindness. I used to post about 10 plus posts on threads about ported guns in an avalanche of info, I can re-post all that again :supergrin:

There is also a few others on here Bill Lumberg that is either a cop or instructor and Troy106 (my buddy) who is a military cop that has done shooting from retention and dark conditions that will say the same.

:50cal:

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1458618

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19789035#post19789035

8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Read posts #7 thru #16 and there are videos on post #11. This will give you practically everything you need to know about C models.

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416032

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416032&page=2

9. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

This is a guy I helped with the C models over on another forum

www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-handguns/174017-glock-forum-2.html

10. AustinTx

AustinTx

How do you see the target, in pitch black indoor range?:snoopy:

11. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I have an extended and ported barrel in my G17 - no blinding flash - even with +p+ ammo.

12. janice6

janice6

.357 Sig in G27 compensated extended barrel. No problems at all. Not much to see against a black background. Reduce muzzle flip?....I don't even know, never shot this round without the comp barrel.

I normally CCW carry and shoot a .357 Magnum in either 2" or 4" barrel. Now that's a flash.

But I do not have vision problems on followups.

I shot a G22C and concentrated on the comp flash. Two once inch high blue flame jets that had no effect on vision. No bright flash, just light blue against a black background.

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I don't think that Glocks even have a "muzzle flip." The gun is so light and top-heavy that the entire pistol rises up in recoil.

14. elijah58

elijah58

Well Its obvious that you don't own a C model. Because you are among the crowd that throws off on the C models and has no real experience with these great guns. I have the G22C, G21C G31C and love all three, myth about muzzle flash is a joke the other myths are just that myths. If you are going to review something it should at least be something you actually own and not something you heard the guys at the range discussing. make the decision for yourself and i'm sure you will see it differently. And for your information Glock has yet to make a "worthless" gun!!

Eli

15. janice6

janice6

Friend of mine shot his .44 Auto-Mag in a league urban combat shoot, one stage with no lights, target was around 7 feet. Muzzle flash set the target on fire. Fun times.

16. elijah58

elijah58

Sooo, mr consumer reports, how many C models do you own? It has to be several to get such a detailed review! LMFAO!!
    Eli

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  17. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

1. You stand facing the target, the pistol is at a low ready
    2. Wait for the command of "lights".
    3. When lights go out, pause a sec
    4. Then extend (the gun) touch (the trigger) press (trigger to rear)
    5. Use the flash to see the target for follow up shots, but didnt go blind. :supergrin:

All guns have a night have some flash from front of the barrel..........correction, I have never shot a suppressed gun at night so I cannot say for sure if a suppressed gun will.

18. 24601

i'd have to agree with you that most people who bash C models have never shot/owned one....i currently own two 32Cs and CCW them in rotation....my female neighbor has a 19C and loves it....i carried a 22C on duty for years....made such a noticeable difference in muzzle flip especially on the 40.....

I'm at the range about once a week and i always like to try out other peoples guns....in return, i let them try my 32C and not one person has ever had anything negative to say about it...most people are delightfully surprised....

19. Maretus

Maretus

I've shot both compensated and non-comp models outdoors and the flash is only very slightly more pronounced from the compensated model.

Both produce a very visible flash. The compensated model doesn't blind you by any means. If the comp model were to blind you, so would a regular gun as both produce a very visible flash.

20. AustinTx

AustinTx

That's sounds really weird. It must really confuse the iris, of your eye. You must be mighty close, if your muzzle flash illuminates the target.