close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 32 with Storm Lake 40 S&W Barrel impressions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dobbler, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Dobbler

Dobbler

Broke in the G32 today and boy was that fun. Feels like a 9mm magnum alright. "Snappy" is a good description. Going back and forth between 357 SIG in the G32 and 9mm in the G19 made the 9mm feel like 22LR!

The 40 S&W Storm Lake barrel in the G32 worked flawlessly. I think I put about 100 rounds through it. No feed issues with 165g or 180g WWB. It's a 2 minute job to swap barrels (unless it's REALLY hot ;)).

The 40 is definitely more recoil than the 9mm, but similar in motion (muzzle up more than back), whereas the 357 SIG is more of a push back into your hand. The 40 seemed to be a bit more accurate but I can't say I have enough data to draw any useful conclusions.

2. Bret

Bret Crimping Master

I bought a 357Sig Storm Lake barrel for my G23. It was flawless and accuracy was good. For me, there is a definite difference in recoil between 40S&W and 357Sig. Given that the Storm Lake barrel was only about $100, I can't imagine why anyone would pay $150-$200 for a different brand of barrel.

3. Clem Eastwood

Clem Eastwood

may have to pick one of those up.

4. Yamadad

Yamadad

I went the other way. I bought a factory 357 sig barrel for my G22. What a hoot to shoot.;f Way too much fun.:cool:

5. jantydog

jantydog

Bret, I am thinking of doing the same...maybe with the Glock Stock Barrel though?? Did you use .40 Mags for the .357 Sig? How would you describe the recoil difference between .40 and .357 Sig? Thanks.

6. Dobbler

Dobbler

SIG 357 recoil is sharper and more reward.

I went with the G32 because I had planned on getting an aftermarket (more supportive) 40 barrel anyway.

7. Bret

Bret Crimping Master

The G23 40S&W magazines worked fine with the 357Sig barrel. I agree with Dobbler's description of 357Sig vs 40S&W. I'm sure a Glock barrel would work just fine, but I can't really think of an advantage that it would have over the one that I bought. You might also want to consider that if you purchase a stainless aftermarket barrel, it will be easy to visually tell the difference between the two. With two Glock factory barrels, you'll have to really pay attention to the fine print on the barrel to make sure that you don't accidentally put a 357Sig cartridge in a 40S&W barrel.;P I'm so sold on the added power and feed reliability of the 357Sig, that I'm going to start using it in my G23 carry gun now.

8. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

where are you guys seing these 357 sig barrels at from storm lake?
    I went to their sight, I admit it was a real fast look), but ALL i saw was a 357 sig barrel for a G31.

I would like to put one in my G27.

Thanks

CanyonMan

9. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Never mind.... I found them at Top Glock, for a G33, for $98.00.

I will ask though, how are they with shooting lead vs. jaceted? ans what kind of support is gained, if any over the Factory Glock? Last, do they drop in, or need to be tweaked?

Thanks gentlemen!

CM

10. Bret

Bret Crimping Master

If you're going to shoot lead, then you definitely want to go with a conventionally rifled barrel. Some people say they can shoot lead just fine in polygonally rifled barrels, but many people have trouble. I don't know if there is a support difference because I don't have a glock factory 357Sig barrel to compare it to. My barrel was absolutely drop in with no problems at all. BTW, do a search for a Top Glock discount code. I found one posted on this forum and it saved me about 5%.