Glock 32 spring weight

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dead Man's Hand, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Dead Man's Hand

Dead Man's Hand Guest

I have a G32 that I'm looking to alter a bit. I know the standard Glock 32 weight is 18# but with this I'm ejecting brass anywhere from 10-15 feet from my gun *duh*, this leads me to believe that a stronger spring is order. I just logged onto Wolff's springs website and they have every pound from 15# to 24# availiable for my G32, so I was curious if anyone else may have put in some stiffer springs and what weight you find comfortable for the .357.

2. glck32

glck32 Millennium Member

I purchased a captured spring setup from Glockmeister for my 32. I wanted to just 'bump it up' a little in spring weight from the factory 18 lbs.so I went with the 20.It shoots flawlessly !! I prefer the captured vs.the non-captured (easier for me to remove and install).If you go with the captured setup I would suggest that you locktite the recoil rod retaining screw, it has a tendency to back out. rb

3. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

I've shot through several hundered rounds in my G32 with 18#, 20#, 22# and 24# springs, on a captured SS guide rod. I have found the best "feel"(for me) to be with a 20# spring, shooting my daily carry loads of Gold Dots and Ranger Talons. Also, 100% functionality with all of those spring weights, but I just liked the 20# spring best.

4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Yup, had the same thing happen. Glad I looked at it before the retaining screw left for parts unknown.