close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 32 spring weight

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dead Man's Hand, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Dead Man's Hand

Dead Man's Hand No Way to Win

I have a G32 that I'm looking to alter a bit. I know the standard Glock 32 weight is 18# but with this I'm ejecting brass anywhere from 10-15 feet from my gun *duh*, this leads me to believe that a stronger spring is order. I just logged onto Wolff's springs website and they have every pound from 15# to 24# availiable for my G32, so I was curious if anyone else may have put in some stiffer springs and what weight you find comfortable for the .357.

2. glck32

glck32 Millennium Member

I purchased a captured spring setup from Glockmeister for my 32. I wanted to just 'bump it up' a little in spring weight from the factory 18 lbs.so I went with the 20.It shoots flawlessly !! I prefer the captured vs.the non-captured (easier for me to remove and install).If you go with the captured setup I would suggest that you locktite the recoil rod retaining screw, it has a tendency to back out. rb

3. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

I've shot through several hundered rounds in my G32 with 18#, 20#, 22# and 24# springs, on a captured SS guide rod. I have found the best "feel"(for me) to be with a 20# spring, shooting my daily carry loads of Gold Dots and Ranger Talons. Also, 100% functionality with all of those spring weights, but I just liked the 20# spring best.

4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Yup, had the same thing happen. Glad I looked at it before the retaining screw left for parts unknown.