close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 32 is the HEAT!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by obxemt, Jan 20, 2004.

1. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I've said it a thousand times before on GT:

I hate full-size Glocks!

I have an unhealthy obsesssion with HK!

But I went to the range today and put a few hundred rounds through my new Glock 32, and I gotta tell you, that thing is GREAT! Fits me PERFECTLY, and just feels AWESOME. My G-33 starts to be painful after about 40 rounds, and it's great for concealement, but the G-32... MAN! Now I need to fight the urge to buy a 19 and 23. I thought I was over my love for Glock of my younger days...

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

3. vikesh

vikesh Glock 26

I on the other hand, have a healthy obsesssion with HK's!

But love my Glocks too. I dearly love my G32, love max power loads and the accuracy this 9mm wannabe delivers.

4. M96er

M96er

Try a Steyr M357. Lightest felt recoil of any .357sig pistol I've ever shot and better chamber support in all positions than a Glock(might be handy when Double Tap's hot loads come out). More accurate than a Glock as well.;f

5. M96er

M96er

All I got to say is, wait till Double Tap offers loads the .357sig was designed to handle this year. The 9mm is maxed to its full potential after 100yrs of engineering, the .357sig has yet to be so after only 10yrs in existance. In fact, factory loads for the .357sig have been toned down almost 150-200fps slower since its release 10yrs ago(the ole 10mm/.40S&W comparison) for no other reason than to market the 9mm. It's a simply marketing trick. Degrade one product to promote another more common one(9mm) so that manufacturers can cut costs on tooling and resources to produce a single cartridge. It's also a matter of the economy. Manufacturers are known for exploring new territory in the ammunition department when there is an econonomic boom, and cutting excess products from manufacturing lines as the economy declines. The same holds true for the automotive industry. The 10mm was degraded to promote the .40S&W, .400 Corbon(by Corbon), and the Triton .40 Super(by the now kaput Triton). Ammo lab has produced loads for the .357sig that have reliably flung a 147gr bullet between 1500-1600fps out of a G32(their 1800fps load blew the case)........try that with the smaller 9mm case.;Q It ain't going to happen. The stronger case and greater case capacity of the .357sig over the 9mm translates into greater performance potential. I have personally reloaded the .357sig and produced similar performance to Ammo Lab's 147gr 1500-1600fps performance without any case failures. As far as mag capacity goes, if ya need more than 10rds in any pistol to defend yourself you need to seriously consider a change in lifestyle, or moving to a new area code.;f

6. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I need to tone it down before I end up with a HK .45 of some variety!

9mm wannabe? I've never fired a 9mm that feels anywhere near what the .357 SIG does, and I would presume that perceived recoil would translate to far better ballistics, no? Am I punishing my hands for performance near a 9mm 115-grain +p+? It feels alot tamer, like a BB gun actually, compared to 125-grain Ranger-T.

7. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

As I said above, I would still think .357 performance is quite good and far surpasses that of the 9mm, but I have heard it does not live up to its potential. I was unaware of what that potential was, though. Those numbers are incredible!

8. M96er

M96er

Well, the most powerful factory 9mm loads available in 147gr barely achieve 1000fps out of a 4" barrel. However, you can get hand loads up another 100fps or so if you want. The highest velocity I've seen was 1150fps for a 9mm 147gr, but it had a large muzzle flash and it well exceeded the safety specs of the casing making it a liability concern for anyone wanting to manufacture and sell this load. Reduced flash powders and a reasonably safe chamber pressure loading will usually be around 1050fps for 147gr 9mm.

As for the .357sig 147gr at 1600fps out of a G32.......you're looking at probably the absolute limit of the cartidge potential. In order to keep muzzle flash at a minimum and ensure the safety of the cartridge, that 147gr load will probably need to be toned down to around 1400fps by Double Tap. I managed to crank the .357sig with the 147gr bullet up to 1550fps without failure. Needless to say the recoil was heavy and the flash large, but it worked and I have made a few hundred of these and shot them successfully. I'm sure the pros over at DT will get that flash down and get better accuracy than my homemade loads. It'll be an interesting year for the .357sig.:)

9. vikesh

vikesh Glock 26

allow me to correct my statement, I was jerking the strings of all 9mm lovers when I said that the 357 Sig was a 9mm wanna-be.

In my opinion, the 357Sig is far superior to the 9mm caliber, which certainly cannot offer the same level of accuracy and energy.... This is a very general statement, yes I know, but I am allowed to make up my mind with the level of info at my disposal

10. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup, went to the range again today. 100 rounds later, it's still a keeper...

11. vikesh

vikesh Glock 26

could of told you that, THe 357Sig caliber is a real fun load to shoot.

Allows you to load low for plinking or go high for....serious plinking.

Only hate the fact the when loading max loads, you end up hunting for the brass, which it throws a distance..