close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 32 Gen4 RANGE REPORT!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CheddarB, Mar 3, 2012.

1. CheddarB

CheddarB

well I finally got a couple of free hours on the weekend to go do a bit of shooting.Had to deal with the cold and the rain ,But I had a new Glock to shoot!!! and I am sure that someone on here is interested in hearing a Range Report... so without further delay....

Nothing was done to my gun prior to shooting it today other then racking the slide a few times and about 10 or so dry fires...
    I shot a total of 73 Winchester 125gn T series out of my gen4 and total of 26 out of my Gen 3 (32).. the first four mags I alternated between the gen3 and the gen4 trying to get as much "felt recoil" feel as I could and as far as I can tell the Win T's are loaded quite a bit hotter then the Ga-Arms,WWB,speer lawman and Pri Partisan .357sig I have shot before.

people kind of looked at me like"what in the hell is he shooting" it was loud!!

I will say that shooting them side by side the gen4 does help with the felt recoil,it just doesn't seem as much in the gen4 then with the gen3,dont get me wrong the Gen3 does the job but I feel that the dual RSA in the Gen4 does the job better.

as far as extraction and ejection it worked flawlessly!! no brass to the face,no crazy ejection all the rounds ended up in as neat of a pile as flying brass can.. none of the casings had any gouges or scrapes indicating a problem in ejection or extraction..

I did however have a JAM!!:shocked: but I am 99% sure that it was a ammo issue from the factory, I will post pictures of the culprit case and maybe some of the more informed .357sig shooters can chime in.. It happened at about the 50 round mark... every round before and the over two mags after were flawless...

I cant say enough about the gen4 grip texture.. I know that some people are stuck on the Gen3's but after shooting the combination of the hot loaded Ranger T's and in the Rain the Gen4 grip shines It just stays put there is no need for a grip adjustment with the gen3 I found after every 2-3 shots I needed to re-grip..

all and all I am VERY happy with my purchase thus far. I am looking forward to putting more rounds down range with it..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

culprit case

[​IMG]

2. Glock40man

Glock40man

Thanks for the report. I would say that case was your culprit.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

That's definitely a defective round from the factory.

Congrats on the G32!

4. CheddarB

CheddarB

yea thats what I was thinking... I wonder if I should contact winchester???

Oh and If I have forgot to add anything feel free to ask!!

5. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Thanks for the range report, CheddarB! I just received my G31 barrel in the mail today, and the half moon cutout for the RSA is for Gen4 (I was worried that it would be cut for a Gen3 RSA) so I'll chime in what will effectively be a G31 Gen4 on my next trip.

I've got #8 of 15 on order at LGS, which was just cleared recently for blue label G32 Gen4. This will be my GSSF purchase for 2012, and I'm patiently waiting for the call saying "Come pick up your new G32..."

Try contacting Winchester customer service, and see if you can send them a picture of the suspect round. I read in another post where someone had a round that looks roughly like yours, and they were sent some coupons or vouchers for two boxes of ammo for their trouble. Good thing nothing bad happened, and that nobody got hurt.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new G32!

6. barth

barth six barrels

It sucks, but I have ran across occasional defective 357 Sig rounds like that.

Kind of shakes my confidence in the round.
    I check them carefully when loading now.
    Plus I'm careful to rotate ammo when re-cambering.
    Seems like the 357 sig round is more susceptible to bullet set back than other calibers.

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

If you call Winchester and tell them about it, they may want you to send the box of ammo back to them with that round and any remaining rounds in the box. If they determine it was indeed a manufacturer defect, which it quite obviously is, they'll probably give you a free box of ammo as a replacement.

Though those are Rangers, and Winchester tries to keep them out of the hands of non-LE as much as possible so unless you're LE they may offer some other type of ammo as a replacement, perhaps 50 rounds of PDX1.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  8. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

I hate this thread....

now i HAVE to get a G32 gen 4....................................

9. Glock40man

Glock40man

:rofl:

10. unit1069

unit1069

I know the Winchester 127-grain +P+ is regarded by many top gun authorities as the current best 9mm premium JHP self-defense ammo available but it's examples like this that have caused me to stick with other premium JHP ammo makers.

I once found an excellent article reporting on how Winchester was the predominant ammo maker and allowed its dominance to create a corporate soft-and-lazy mentality. Federal was once a small ammo maker who took advantage of Winchester's negligence and catapulted itself to parity in a relatively short period of time.

I finished reading the new book Glock and part of Glock's success is that American arms manufacturers let themselves follow the same route Winchester did. Gaston Glock did exactly what Samuel Colt did; nothing more.

There are consequences to letting quality slip, or allowing corporate management to grow complacent. I'm just one in a pool of millions of potential customers that Winchester is losing, although I don't question the effectiveness of the good products they produce.

11. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

This gun in on my short list.

12. dkf

dkf

Its probably above SAAMI spec where the piece of the neck is folded over.

I was thinking of switching over to Ranger Bonded and T for my .357sig carry round but after having quality issues with 2 boxes of .357sig WWB and the reports of defects in their Ranger series also I just don't think I have confidence in the company. I check all my ammo before going into a mag but thats besides the point.

13. dpadams6

dpadams6

Was that from the factory, or maybe that happened by getting stuck on feed ramp?

14. dkf

dkf

It looks to me like the neck was folded inward. The case was probably off a little before it went into the sizing die causing the neck damage or it was done when the bullet was seated.

15. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool

Congrats! :cool:

16. James Dean

James Dean

I hope to have one soon. G32 Gen4 is on my list by summer.

17. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Nice report. I always like to see your posts.

Is that your issued load as well?

I look forwad to seeing how it acts after 500 or so rounds, esp . with FMJ loads
    that might shoot a bit dirty.

KEV
    [​IMG]

18. Ruggles

Ruggles

Nice gun, if I ever committed adultery on the 1911 with a Glock it would be a .357 version. :)

19. Wastelander

Wastelander NEVER BACK DOWN

I had a jam exactly like that in my 33. Was shoot WWB target ammo, IIRC.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. dragbike

dragbike

:rofl: