close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 31 vs. 31C

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ginny, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Ginny

Ginny Ammo Slinger

What is the general opinion regarding having the compensated firearm with the .357sig round. I am sure there have been many threads about the compensated pistols for and against, but I am purely interested in any ballistic differences, if any, with the .357sig rounds.
    I don't have anything compensated yet and I need to buy another gun this year (tax write off). Thanks!

2. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

You loose about 25FPS with the ported barrel but it is very easy to shoot and very fun to see the V flame with some of the GA canned heat ammo:):):), favorate glock to take to the range.

3. Ginny

Ginny Ammo Slinger

25fps. loss with a .357sig. In other words, the bad guy won't be able to feel the difference between the two.

4. Screaming .357G

Screaming .357G 598ci big block

Not enough diffrence to really speak of in this caliber.

5. quickstop

quickstop

The barrel essentially ends where the porting begins. A dramatic effect of barrel length can be seen in comparing a .44 mag shot from a revolver versus one sot from a rifle. My chrono results reveal anywhere from 200 fps to 500 fps increase in velocity with the longer barrel.

Because of that reason I find the Springfield Armory XD 357 Sig with the five inch barrel very attrative. The extra inch of barrel will marginally increase velocity, but an increase just the same. Considering how many hours we spend fiddling with reloads to accurately increase velocity an extra inch of barrel is a ridiculously easy solution to the same quest.