close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 31 Recoil Springs

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Beard01, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Beard01

Beard01

Can anyone tell me the factory recoil spring weight on the model 31 SIG? I put an Aero Tec SS rod and a 20lb. spring which came with the kit on my Glock. My gun now shoots low and left. Before the change it shot right on. Also any opinion on the Double Tap ammo it sounds exactly like what I have been searching for but am afraid of damage to my gun which happens to be my pride and joy! Guess I been surfing too many web sites which claim that no plastic gun is truely capable of withstanding the pressures of the 357 SIG cartridge! Beard01;I

2. 0100010

0100010 Millennium Member

Spring weight on the full size Glocks 17/22/31 is 17lbs. DoubleTap 357sig ammo isn't loaded any hotter than what Proload 357sig was. I think you'll like DT ammo, everyone else seems to; I myself haven't ordered any yet as I;ve a good supply of carry ammo already.

3. Beard01

Beard01

Thanks for reply that spring weight has been driving me crazy! So I actually have a stronger weight recoil spring in my gun. I think I like it much better that way,now all I need is a Blackjack behind the spring and I am good to go! Beard01;I

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Low and left is related to trigger finger weight, not recoil spring weight. ;)

5. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

WalterGa is correct....

If it makes you feel any better, i flop back and forth in my G31, with a wolff 20#, and 22# spring. Shoots like a champ in the accuracy department...Like Walter said, 'finger weight,'...

Work on the finger weight, position, and grip.

CanyonMan