Glock 31 lovers?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wally05, Feb 22, 2010.

1. wally05

wally05

Hey guys,

I'm jumping back into glocks b/c I can't afford expensive guns anymore, LOL. I'm picking up a Gen 4 G17 tomorrow and wanted to switch from .45 acp into .357 sig also. I'm a big fan that I can use my G17 holsters with the G31. How are you guys liking your .357 sig shooters?

I've read that the case support is pretty good in the .357 sig glocks also. Is this true?

I'll probably sell off a lot of 230 grain Winchester Ranger T .45 acp and a lot of practice ammo to switch over. I'm just not a fan of the .45 really.

To clarify, this is not a caliber war! I just want to know what the .357 sig glockers think about the platform and if it is a solid pistol...

2. jack the toad.

jack the toad.

The G31 is one of the various Glocks I own and I like it. IMO, it's as solid as any.

3. wally05

wally05

Awesome. :) Thanks for the input. How is the recoil compared to other models of glocks?

4. jack the toad.

jack the toad.

Depending on ammo, recoil feels snappier and slide velocity appears increased over other calibers, excluding the 10 mm.

5. English

English

In service size pistols the G31 is second only to the G20. If grip size and weight are a problem, it becomes the best.

I am a little confused by your mention of your new G17. Do you mean G31? You can convert the 31 to fire 9mm but can't convert the 17 to fire 357SIG.

English

6. wally05

wally05

No, I was getting a G17, but I was also interested in the G31. That's what I meant. :) Good answers, guys.

7. grenadier

grenadier

Case support with the factory Glock 31 barrel is excellent. I've never seen any unusual bulging of the brass, and I've been able to reload the same Sellier and Bellot 357 Sig brass 8 times, before giving the casings to the metal foundry. I could probably have loaded it more, but with these high pressures, there's no need to take a chance.

8. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

I don't feel the recoil of the 31 is any more "snappier" than the 22 (full size .40 S&W). I really like my 31, and the only full size glock I love more than the 31 is the 17 for nostalgia reasons, if nothing else.

I have large hands, and the full size glocks are very comfortable for me. You can't go wrong with the 31. Oh, and I love the .357 sig ballistics! Grab a .40 conversion barrel for a 31. That makes it fun..........:supergrin:

9. Iceman cHucK

Iceman cHucK

New Mexico State police switched over to the M&P357 from the G31. Have not been able to find out why. Problems with the 31 or just a more attractive deal from S&W? Hard to believe Glock would let this slip out of their hands! Anyone have any facts?

10. wally05

wally05

That would be interesting to know. Thanks for the responses so far, guys.