close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 31 .357 sig to 9mm

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lonerunner1, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Lonerunner1

Lonerunner1

I was wondering if anyone has used those EFK 316 stainless barrels in any of thier Glocks and if so, how do they work? They have a coversion barrel for a Glock 31 to convert it to a 9mm, and they claim all you have to do is drop the barrel in and get a Glock 17 mag. I have also seen other 9mm conversion barrels, but they say that you might need to change the ejector and extractor also. Has anyone converted thier Glock 31/22 to a 9mm? Does it work or should I spend the extra money and buy a used Glock 17?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I suggest a used G17. Differences include magazines, ejector, extractor, spring loaded bearing, firing pin. Rear sight might be of a different height.

3. tjpet

tjpet

Get a conversion barrel and a few 17 mags. Should work just fine. You can change out the ext. and ejc. but I haven't found any difference in dependability whether you do so or not. Have a 22 & 23 converted this way and they both work well with about any type ammo I choose to shoot. Mine have Federal conversion barrels.

4. Fredalso

Fredalso Millennium Member

The manufacturer of a conversion barrel should have no impact on whether or not you need to change the extractor.
    Usually, such is not needed, but each situation is different.
    My G32 works fine with my Olympic conversion barrel, and no other changes to the gun.
    Even with .40 & .357Sig mags, but I wouldn't count on that.

I like conversion barrels - it's like having multiple guns without the hassle of registering ( :( ) a new gun.

However, most folks would advise not relying upon a conversion barrel for possible defensivive use.