Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have the G30SF and what do you think of it. I'm a die hard Smith&Wesson guy but I shot my nephews 30SF today and i couldn't believe it. I could easily hit a lighter fluid bottle at 25yds. I just picked it up it fit right in my hands. I really liked it and its very accurate.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
It's a great carry firearm, and it's fun to shoot/practice with as well!

I went to the local LE shop with the intent of purchasing a G36. Well, I was able to compare the G36, G30, and G30SF side-by-side. Didn't fire them, but left with the one which felt best in my hands, and that was the G30SF.

I'm carrying mine now since my XD-S has been out for repairs, but I rotate my carry firearms like I do my knives.

If you like the full size frame, the G21 is also a great .45, and the Gen4 model is my favorite of all the Glocks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It's my primary carry weapon.
I trust my life with it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I really like my 30SF although I don't carry it. I have a 26 and Smith Airweight for that duty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like my 30SF although I don't carry it. I have a 26 and Smith Airweight for that duty.
Roger do you like the 26 better than the 30SF. My nephew had the 26 then traded for the 21 then traded that for this 30SF and I personally can shoot the 30SF far better than the 26 or the 21. It seems to be more accurate to me but it may just be the way it fits in my hands.

·
Transform & Win
3,346 Posts
Do any of you have the G30SF and what do you think of it. I'm a die hard Smith&Wesson guy but I shot my nephews 30SF today and i couldn't believe it. I could easily hit a lighter fluid bottle at 25yds. I just picked it up it fit right in my hands. I really liked it and its very accurate.
I owned a G30SF for several years and used it exclusively for CCW and training. I was extremely pleased with the accuracy and reliability. The G30SF, together with some 10mm conversion gear, was gifted to a relative earlier this year when we migrated to the G30 Gen4. Use the link in my signature line below for much more info about the versatility and outstanding accuracy of the terrific Glock 30/30SF 45ACP pistol.

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
I shot my nephews 30SF today and i couldn't believe it. I could easily hit a lighter fluid bottle at 25yds. I just picked it up it fit right in my hands. I really liked it and its very accurate.
With an experience like that, what more do ya need to know? :supergrin: Pretty much says it all. I wanted a G30 last year and the LGS was out so ordered me the 'sf' model. I am SO glad he did. I now truly prefer this model and shoot it well, find it fits my hand better than the 30 and has softer recoil than I'd have expected from 45acp. So I am happy. Seems you are too, why are we posting?!?!?! :wow:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
With an experience like that, what more do ya need to know? :supergrin: Pretty much says it all. I wanted a G30 last year and the LGS was out so ordered me the 'sf' model. I am SO glad he did. I now truly prefer this model and shoot it well, find it fits my hand better than the 30 and has softer recoil than I'd have expected from 45acp. So I am happy. Seems you are too, why are we posting?!?!?! :wow:
Count me in. 30SF for me. Just picked up a nice little Don Hume holster at the gun show. Perfect match. My 30SF has been flawless so far; it also takes the 13-rd mags for the G21. Great gun!

AK

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
I broke my 30 out this past week in between officers at the PD range. I was (once again) amazed at how unbelievably accurate the little man is! I asked myself "why do I carry anything else?!?!" I'm a big fan of the .45 for CCW and SD, so its a no brainer... 10+1 and a 13 round G21 magazine for a reload. I'm GTG until cooler weather allows the G21 (or 20) to travel with me. The 30 is Glock's best creation yet!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the 21 and the 30 SF. Love them both!! 21 stays home next to the bed and is carried in cold weather so it can be easily covered. The 30 is by my side all the rest of the time. Maybe I'll start playing Roy Rogers and carry one on each hip, plus the Ruger LCP in my pocket!! C'mon ZOMBIES!!!:tongueout::rofl:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys for all the replies. Dad picked him up a 30SF today and took it to the range and he really likes it. I'll be getting one when I get the $$$.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Good for him. I've had a 30, 30SF, and a 36, traded/sold them for various reasons. About 3 months ago I decided I must have another so I set out on a day-trip looking for one. I had decided the first Glock .45 ACP (not 21) I found was coming home with me. I was really wanting to see and hold a G30S but they couldn't be found. I settled on a Gen 4 G30 and couldn't be happier.
Don't overlook the Gen 4 30, the grip made a big difference to me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well guys I picked up my 30SF today. This is my first Glock ever and this thing fits like a glove in my hand. I will take time to try shoot it tomorrow. I guess I got a good deal on it $564 out the door and the place even traded me all my 250 rounds of 40 ammo and gave me 45 for it. I got a couple of quick questions. What do you lube your Glocks with? Do any of you guys shoot Tula ammo out of them? My neqhew shoots Tula out of his 30SF and finds it to be more accurate than most even WWB. I picked up 4 boxes of PMC Bronze 230gr FMJ and 1 box of Z-Max today on the ammo trade. :wow:

1,565 Posts
The SF is a Gen 4 without the adjustable back straps. The Gen 3s are soon to be lost to history, but the 4s are the same premise on the inside.

If you can find an older SF, I think those have the better finish on the slide. That is subject to opinion. To make Glock in the States, they had to tone down the manufactures process that had some pretty noxious chemicals left over. The new finish is better for the environment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The SF is a Gen 4 without the adjustable back straps. The Gen 3s are soon to be lost to history, but the 4s are the same premise on the inside.

If you can find an older SF, I think those have the better finish on the slide. That is subject to opinion. To make Glock in the States, they had to tone down the manufactures process that had some pretty noxious chemicals left over. The new finish is better for the environment.
I didn't think any of the 30SF's were Gen4? I thought the ones made in the USA were the ones with the cheaper finish and they say made in the USA on them and I did see a 19 in the store I got the 30SF in and it said Made in the USA on it instead of Austria like my 30 does.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts