Glock 30s trigger ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rebs, Sep 25, 2015.

1. rebs

rebs

I have a G30s with about 400 rounds through it. I notice the trigger pull is quite heavy and it get to a point where it actually stops and I have to squeeze harder to continue on til it fires. This is after all the take up is done and I am squeezing to shoot. Could this be a problem with the connector or what else would do this ? Should I try the 25 cent trigger job or maybe buy a new connector ? Stay with a genuine Glock connector or a Ghost 3.5 lb connector ? This is my carry gun and I practice with it mainly at 25 yds.

2. Chop Suey

Chop Suey

I put the minus oem connector in myg30s and g36 guns. Didnt measure the pull but it made the trigger lighter and its still a nice clean break. Made it better imho.

Feels lighter in the g36 than the g30s.

Have done no other mods.

Dismas316 likes this.

3. rebs

rebs

What is the minus oem connector ?

4. glock-fan

glock-fan

mine was at 6lb out of the box, no mod needed.

5. SgtGing

SgtGing

For my 30S I replaced the serrated trigger with a smooth oem version and added the Glock OEM 4.5 lb connector. It is a tad lighter and smoother trigger pull. I also did the .25 cent polish.

6. glide

glide Just sayin'

Need to go with a 4.5# OEM connector or the Ghost connector is GTG. Springs, connector, and a good polish of the safety plunger is advisable. This is the least I've done on my Glock 30 gen 3. Good luck.

7. Dismas316

Dismas316

Mine had a heavy pull when it was new. As others have mentioned replace with th oem minus connector, problem solved. Liked it so much better, I did the same for my 26. Simple fix

8. MoRivera

MoRivera

Does the OEM minus connector have that 'rolling break' like a Ghost 3.5 drop-in does?

9. HGxyz

HGxyz

If you mean more creep - a longer pull from after the slack is taken up to the break - yes, it's inherent in the changed angle of the connector lip. You get a lighter pull by extending the pull over a longer distance.

10. HGxyz

HGxyz

I haven't seen a 30s, but there was a common issue with the G30sf - sometimes called the "trigger bar scratch." If you look at the firing pin safety activating arm (the part of the trigger bar that sticks up to deactivate the FP safety) is there a scratch mark on the outboard side? The rubbing along the slide that caused this made the trigger pull heavier, but tended to improve as the part wore in.

11. MoRivera

MoRivera

That's what I figured. Had a Ghost 3.5 for a while in my 21SF but got tired of the creep/roll. Went with an OEM 'dot' connector and the break is at least a bit crisper. Don't need it to be any lighter.

12. karatoula

karatoula

Personally I would rather have a heavier pull and less creep.

13. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

I've got a gen 3 G30SF I got new maybe a year or two ago that also as the OP claims "the trigger pull is quite heavy and it get to a point where it actually stops and I have to squeeze harder to continue on til it fires".

In researching what you described here about "trigger bar scratch", I opened mine up to discover I have trigger bar 4256-2 in it, from where I switched it out the smooth G21 trigger bar.

I also found this while researching the "trigger bar scratch" issue - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/125623_Glock_trigger_bar_question_.html

Now while mine has NEVER misfired, it has since it was NEW once in a while seemed to have a "rough spot" if you will when initially cycling the gun as you first retract the slide, as if either charging the first round into the chamber to fire it from an empty chamber, or if manually cycling the slide on an empty chamber to check the gun to make sure it does not have a chambered round. Usually it seems to then cycle smoothly like my other Glocks once this initial cycling of the slide is done.

I am wondering if I am also having this same issue of "trigger bar scratch" on mine as described in the link I provided, as I am also having the same issue the OP described in his G30S?

I also do have a factory "-" connector in mine (along with a NY1 spring) that has been in the gun since new, and I have also done the .25 cent trigger job on it. I do this and run this setup on all my other Glocks and have never had an issue in any of them (currently five other Glocks).

This is also my THIRD G30 (one G30 and one other G30SF before this one), again both were setup the same way, and neither of those or my gen 3 G21 or G21SF (much less any of the other 9mm or .40 Glocks I have ever owned - 14 in all) have other done this?

Thanks -

14. HGxyz

HGxyz

My G30sf has the 4256-1 G21 trigger bar. I had two failures to return to battery in the first 1200 rounds (one with the original TB, and one with the replacement), but it's been 100% in the 3000 rounds since. The trigger breaks at around 5 pounds with the stock springs and connector.

15. Eric2340

So I need to replace my trigger bar to either a "-1" or a "-1-" and that will solve my issue?

Again, the gun has NEVER had a failure of any type, put the trigger pull seems a lot heavier than it should be, and DEFINITELY heavier than any of my other Glocks with this setup? :(

I'm going to call Glock tomorrow and see what they say...................... :(

16. Eric2340

It's also funny b/c if I disassemble the frame of the gun (remove the trigger group and reinstall it) the problem sometimes seems to go away?

I DO see a small scratch to the outer side of the trigger bar also where it rises to contact the safety plunger (again as show in this link - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/125623_Glock_trigger_bar_question_.html ).

I wonder
    if I'm having an issue where my trigger bar is contacting the slide or other?

Thanks -

17. HGxyz

HGxyz

I'm not sure the -1 trigger bar will make you happy. It works well in my gun. I have no experience with the -2. How does your trigger feel if you get rid of the NY trigger spring? I do a lot of dry firing - that and live rounds have smoothed out and lightened the trigger on every Glock I own. Also, make sure the connector is pushed all the way into the trigger mechanism housing and is not bent wrong - those things may cause weirdness when racking the slide.

18. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

Coming from only owning and shooting 1911's, it took awhile to get used to the stock Glock trigger. Now I shoot my Glock as well as I shoot my 1911's. My suggestion is to learn to shoot the Glock and not mess with the trigger/

19. Eric2340

I just went back to my old saved original parts from both this and my other G30SF -

I have one other -2 trigger bar, but it's a serrated one, and -1 bar that is also serrated. I tried both in the gun - there seemed to be little to no difference with the - 2 serrated bar (again the one I am currently having issues with is smooth but I am sure it makes no difference in this case). The serrated -1 bar DOES seen to cycle the gun a LOT smoother (??). My only problem is the gun came with a -2 in it, and I WANT the smooth trigger in my gun (the serrated one always gives me a blister when shooting it :( ).

I also made sure my connector was fully seated, but I don't think it's any more further in than it was before (?).

Whatever is causing the "rough spot" when initially cycling the slide seems to be effected by the trigger bar one way or another. Holding the trigger back and the cycling the slide does not seem to effect it either. :( The only thing that seems to stop it again is disassembling the frame and then putting back together, and after a few cycles of the slide it seems to start to do it again. Obviously this leads me to believe it's somewhere in the lower part of the gun (as opposed to the slide).

The heaviness in the trigger also seems to be DIRECTLY related to this also. :(

Thanks -

20. HGxyz

HGxyz

Try this (4256 -3), it's only ~$20:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=498&CAT=195