Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to carry a .45 and have not been able to feel confident with my older model G36 or my Sig 245. Both of these pistols are NOT reliable. I have a Citadel that never missed a beat from day one with any ammo. It is just too darn heavy for iwb carry. I trust it, however. I will buy a G30s as my g36 was a dream to carry. Do owners of the G30s feel it is totally reliable? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't have a 30s but I have carried my 30 gen 4 since 2014 and never had a single problem. I really like my 30 gen 4, for range shooting or for carry use. 10+1 rounds of 45ACP never gets old

·
NRA Benefactor
5,784 Posts
I bought a G36 and G30SF new and neither have had any issues except for the RSA on the G30SF needed replacing when I first bought it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought a very slightly used, maybe 50 rounds through it, G30S a year or so ago. I have carried it exclusively for the past nine months and have complete confidence in it. So far I have put roughly 3k rounds through it with nearly 100% reliability. I have plans to get another one to put on my night stand.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I have a new G-30S that I will be taking to the range Monday.
I have no doubts about it. This will be my second one.
The first one never missed a beat from the first round through the last one. Most of my range rounds have been WWB, or Commercial Reloads from a friend. After trying several different carry rounds, It has shot up what ever carry round that I have loaded in Light to Heavy, Even the Flying Ash Tray, or the ones that looked like a cheap drill bit, or RIPs.
The only thing is it won't fit in all the same Holsters that I have for My G-23, & G-19. Just a touch wide in the waste, but what the heck so am I.
I picked this one up slightly used, The couple that had it were both shooters, but all they had were 9mm, and the 45 ended up being more than she wanted, When he fired it, the Trigger guard hurt his middle finger. Because of this they were ready to let it go, after 100 rounds. They found a G-17L that they liked better.
It made a good day for all of us.
I had the same problem with my first one, and a file and sandpaper will take care of it. I also got four mags with it.

Reactions: Paul53

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I've had a 30s for several years now. Hasn't been shot excessively, but probably close to a 1000 rounds through it. No failures of any type. Complete reliability (imho). It is as easy to cc as a 19, and is an excellent shooter.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I love my g30's and it's been flawless with any kind of ammo too.
I mostly reload my ammo but I put about 300 rounds of commercial hp+p ammo through it and no hiccups.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I've had a Glock 30s since they were frst introduced, or not long after, and it has been nothing but reliable. Not sure how many rounds I've put through it but has not failed me yet. It's a great .45 Auto carry option if that's what fits your needs.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Unfortunately I had a Glock 30s that consistently choked on hollowpoints, and sometimes even hardball. Tried HST's and Gold Dots but was getting 6 and 12 o'clock failure to feeds (after 4-500 rounds break-in). I have 12 Glocks and am an expert Idpa classified shooter, also former LE. Sent it to Glock, came back with a new extractor, still no dice. Too bad, as I really really wanted to make it work. Have lost confidence in that model, none of my other twelve have had that problem, at all. Maybe another day I'll give another one a go.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Unfortunately I had a Glock 30s that consistently choked on hollowpoints, and sometimes even hardball. Tried HST's and Gold Dots but was getting 6 and 12 o'clock failure to feeds (after 4-500 rounds break-in). I have 12 Glocks and am an expert Idpa classified shooter, also former LE. Sent it to Glock, came back with a new extractor, still no dice. Too bad, as I really really wanted to make it work. Have lost confidence in that model, none of my other twelve have had that problem, at all. Maybe another day I'll give another one a go.
Wow. Don't blame you for getting rid of it if that is the case. Interesting because Glock is the only brand of handgun that I have owned that all have worked perfectly.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Our G30S does not (yet) have a high round count, but it has reliably run on any and all ordnance we have cared to try in it. We carry it in complete confidence. Based on our experiences, we can hardily recommend the G30S.

As an aside, our (very early manufacture) G36 also has been completely reliable.

We trudge on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.