Glock Talk banner

Glock 30s night sights

3279 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  BlueBacker
I was thinking about getting the Truglo TFO nights sights for my 30s but they (truglo) says they are not compatible with the 30s. There reason is as follows:

There is a contact point between the front sight hex nut and the barrel and this contact point cannot be removed or remedied in any way. This will lead to a degradation of one or more of these parts and for this reason, we do not recommend their installation or warranty their installation on the Model 30S Glock pistol.

I thought that odd but I'm certainly no expert. I was hoping to be consistent with the same night sights on my glocks/PPQ. Truglo can do the 26 and PPQ but not the 30s. Does anyone have other recommendations? Ameriglo and Meprolight are a couple others that I am considering. I might just do the factory nights sights for the glocks, any pro/cons on those?

thanks in advance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,546 Posts
My smith installed a set of the Truglo might sights on one of my G30S' and they work just fine. It's the set made for the 30.
Model# TG231G2. I carried that one for over a year everyday with no issues.

· Banned
6,834 Posts
I really like the Glock OEM night sights. The lamps are made by Meprolight, but the metal part is not the same as Meprolight models. They are the lowest price night sights on the market, yet are first class quality.

I will be replacing my other Trijicon and Meprolight sights with Glock OEM as their lamps dim, just to get everything I have configured the same.

· Registered
608 Posts
My smith installed a set of the Truglo might sights on one of my G30S' and they work just fine. It's the set made for the 30.
Model# TG231G2. I carried that one for over a year everyday with no issues.
I have Tru-Glos on my G30. I have AmeriGlos on my M&P Shield and Meprolights on my HKs. The Tru-Glos are really not that great IMHO. As night-sights, they're not very bright. And I don't find the sight picture to be particularly compelling. Their TFX product seems better, but I think it's as expensive as Trijicons.

Anyway, take this opinion (or not) for what it's worth. I'm leaving the Tru-Glos on my G30, but if I were to do it over, I'd go in a different direction.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
I have Tru-Glos on my G30. I have AmeriGlos on my M&P Shield and Meprolights on my HKs. The Tru-Glos are really not that great IMHO. As night-sights, they're not very bright. And I don't find the sight picture to be particularly compelling. Their TFX product seems better, but I think it's as expensive as Trijicons.

Anyway, take this opinion (or not) for what it's worth. I'm leaving the Tru-Glos on my G30, but if I were to do it over, I'd go in a different direction.
I totally agree with you. The only night sights available at my gun shop that day were the TG's. Not a big fan either. I have Trijicon HD on my other G30S and much prefer them. Just picked up a third G30S and it has the Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals. I've always liked Glock's night sights too.

· Registered
10,367 Posts
I have a set of the TFXs on order and haven't decided whether to put them on my 30S or my 20. Anyone know if the TFX have the same problem as the TFO on the 30S?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.