Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sharing my experience with my new new Glock 30S. Being an old guy, I tend to be a fan of 45acp. I purchased this Glock and as much as a wanted to love it, I had issues. The grip just didn't fit my hand, it felt too thick in places and the finger groves (which I've never been a fan of) hit my hand in all the wrong places. I began researching shops that could provide a remedy. I stumbled across Taran Tactical and liked the look of their work and went for it. AFTER I began the process I saw multiple negative comments about TTI here, however, here's my actual experience. They did a grip reduction, finger grove removal, double undercut, and performed a carry stipple (did the grip except the area on the grip that would touch my body when carrying on my right side. They also stippled the areas where my index finger would rest while outside the trigger guard. I got the gun back on time and loved all work, the only exception was that they left the bottom front lip on the grip which was exactly where my ring finger rests and it just flat-out bothered me. I emailed them late on a Friday evening PDT, and 15 minutes later my phone rang, they called and we discussed the issue. They suggested I send it back and they provided me a pre-paid FedEx label. I shipped it back to them Monday afternoon and it arrived back to me this morning 4 days later PERFECT. TTI didn't even charge me for the additional work or the round trip (literally) coast to coast shipping. That customer service could not be better.

The gun now fits my hands absolutely perfectly. I had shipped my X-grip (to fit the Glock 13 vs 10 round mag) and they stippled that as well.

I'll be 65 in 2 weeks, while I've had some good experiences in life and some not-so-good experiences, this was literally one of the best ever. I could not be more happy with the 30S now, it feels like it was molded for my hand, this is the way Glock SHOULD build them. So happy to have those finger groves gone, the frame reduced to a reasonable size and I suspect with the undercut and smoothing under the trigger guard that finger bite/run should be gone. This isn't a paid endorsement, I don't own stock in TTI (LOL) but I just wanted to share my honest experience. The first pic shows the lip (after removing the other finger groves) from the first try that they removed on the 2nd attempt. Good luck.....

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,573 Posts
I am considering the same work for my G30s. Do you mind if I inquire as to the price?

·
909 Posts
I'm not a fan of stippling, but that is a very nice look on your 30's
And if it makes the gun work right for you I think its great.
Good luck with it, very sharp looking indeed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can go to their site and configure the custom work and pricing, I believe this was ~$400 to include free return shipping. A bargain.....

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
4,618 Posts
Very nice looking work. Form follows function. I like it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spent more time with it today, the grip work was transformational in the way the 30S feels now and fits me. Time to put a few hundred rounds through it and hopefully include it in my carry rotation. thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts