close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cyber, May 15, 2004.

1. Cyber

Cyber

I know many may get tired of seeing this silly post that others have written, but............ I bought my first 45 cal and it was the Glock 30. I was a little worried of the size and weight so I was looking in the 1911 frame style, either in the ultra compact or medium size frame. The large cal. or recoil didn't bother me it was the lightness of the gun compared to a full metal frame gun. My local gun store finally got a used one in that they would rent out. So I rented one and fired 3o rounds through it and was totally surprised of the recoil. I normally care a Glock 22 and I don't belive that the recoil is as much as the Glock 22. I was afraid that after firing a couple 100 rounds through the Glock 30 my hand would be hurting and tired for I normal will shoot a bout 2 to 300 hundred rounds in a 4 hour trip to the range. But I believe that this want be the case. I plan to go to the range tomorrow to fire about 100 to 200 rounds through it and I'll let you guys know. I may have to retire the Glock 22 for a while or till winter comes around and will be carring the Glock 30.

Have fun and shoot safe.

Mike

:cool:

2. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I never get tired of these "Got a 30" threads. I got one too!

3. magsnubby

magsnubby NRA LIFE MEMBER

I was a little leary of my 30 when i first bought it, it seemed a little light compared to my 1911's. Okay..deep breath..good sight picture..squeeze trigger..BANG!..Damn..not bad at all..few more bangs..smile gettin' bigger..Now i was raised on 1911's and wheel guns but if i was limited to just one .45 acp it would be the 30 hands down.

4. Cyber

Cyber

Yes just the thought of the 45 in a light frame made me a little leary of the wear and tear of the hand, but like I had said it seems less of a kick than my Glock 30, can't wait til tomorrow at the range.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

There is a reason why people claim that the G30 is "The ultimate carry weapon" or "It's the best Glock out there" or "Gaston got this one right."

6. Cyber

Cyber

Well just came back from the range. From about 10:00 am til the time I left which was about 4 I think I shot close to 200 to 300 rounds in it was totally amazed from what recoil it had and how worn my hand wasn't after shooting the Glock 30. I shot many other guns, from my Glock 22, to my wife's 357 with a medium hot load and a 45 long colt and found that the recoil was milder than the others. I guess like the saying that I alway see is " you either love the Glock 30 or you hate it. " I love mine.

Stay safe and shoot straight.

Mike
    aKa Cyber

7. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Congratulations on the new pistol, Mike! The G30 is a great shooting gun. Great cartridge and capacity in a small but potent package. The thick grip helps to spread out the recoil making high round count days not only possible, but comfortable too.

8. Mas

Mas

Congrats, brudda....I'm really pleased with mine as well....just got it a few weeks ago....I've already put 800 rounds through it without a single hitch. It's accurate. It's reliable. It's Glock. ;)

9. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

I never fired my G30 but my G36 has a crapload of recoil. Much more painful to shoot than my G20 with the hottest Doubletap loads.

10. Errick

Errick NRA Patron

Very soft shooter.

I went to my first IDPA last weekend with my new G30. I've only had about 100 rds through it before the match. Perfect function for the whole match. AND no pain.

I feel more effects from 50 rds from my 9MM Browning or S&W 19 357.

This thing is fun to shoot and drops those big pumpkins right at POE.

11. LDHunter

LDHunter

I can't imagine that you or anyone for that matter would think that the G36 has any more than noticable recoil.

I'm not beating my chest here and acting macho. I'm being serious.... You think that G36 has recoil?

You're kidding right?

I shoot a 10mm both EAA Witness and G20 with my own reloads and Double Tap ammo and think they have light recoil and that the G36 has even lighter recoil.

What ammo are you shooting in your G36?

$bob$

12. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

Yes, the G36 has painful recoil. More so than my G20 firing Doubletap 165 grain at 1500fps.

How could it not? Some people think a 1911 has lots of recoil (I don't) but the G36 is a lot smaller and lighter than a 1911, and has a crummy grip to hold on to.

13. LDHunter

LDHunter

Well... As far as "how could it not"... You've obviously missed all the talk and experience on this board.

Glocks have polymer frames that flex and absorb recoil and are engineered very well.

It appears that your problem with the G36 is that it isn't a 1911.

You and I appear to be headed for a pi$$ing contest so I'll just bow out of this discussion after saying that I experience nearly no recoil sensation from a G36 with any ammo I've fired yet and absolutely no pain either. For that matter I also have no pain after shooting my G20 with Double Tap Ammo.

If you are having pain after firing your G36 (you have one don't you?) you might want to look at your technique and/or ammo.

This is a very small lightweight compact designed for concealed carry that is so well engineered that it delivers 45ACP power with very good accuracy, little recoil and is very reliable.

I hope you like your 1911's as well as I like my G36 and have a nice day.... ;f

$bob$

14. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

$bob$

For your information, I have 19 Glock pistols, and just two 1911s.

You misread me. I was not bashing Glock. I simply stated my experience. I love my G36. All I said was that it had painful recoil. I did not say not to get one and get a 1911 instead.

As far as missing discussions about the Glock's plastic frame absorbing recoil: I did not miss them, but I think they are a load of crap. I love Glocks, as I said, I have 19 of them. My first pistol was a G19. But do I believe that one of the nice things about Glocks is that 'the plastic frame absorbs recoil?' No, cause it is not a significant factor. Mass absorbs recoil.

15. Mas

Mas

I own and shoot a commander, full size 1911, and G30, and I've tried the G36...for me *personally,* I'd say the G30 and full size 1911 are roughly commensurate with one another and are the mildest of the bunch. The G36, to *me*, was the harshest....I wouldn't say it's painful, however.....but that's the thing, everybody's different. Heck, we even change over time....there was a time when .40 never bothered me, but now I don't like shooting it relative to other guns.

16. rsilvers

rsilvers Guest

I actually never fired my G30. I should, cause everyone says it is so accurate and shoots so well. I just have lost interest in small pistols since I can comfortably carry a G20 with a 5.5 inch barrel (and I am only 5'9" 150lbs).

17. Mas

Mas

that's cool....keep in mind, however, that there are *other* factors that favor small guns for CCW besides "concealability." For example, a shorter slide will actually clear leather (or kydex, for that matter) than a longer slide. Some people don't care about this. Personally, I do...I've noticed substantial differences in draw times that may seem inconsequential to others....but then, everybodys' standards are different, I suppose. I can actually carry a full size 1911 if I so choose, but there are numerous reasons why I choose to carry a smaller gun....the longer sight radius and increased velocity of a larger gun doesn't justify carrying one given the larger size and weight...but for some, the larger gun is more comfortable, so that's understandable (I find the G17 grip more comfy than the G19).

Bottom line: personal preference, standards, experiences, and objectives....I hope LDHunter (Learning Disabled Hunter? j/k ;)) respects these individual differences and will be mindful of such things when posting responses to other members. We have to appreciate that what works for one person might not work for another.

18. Mas

Mas

Oh yeah: rsilvers, the first time I picked the G30 up, I thought for SURE it was going to slip out of my hand...It's not as bad as I thought, and with a decal grip or some similar product, it stays put with no problems.

19. LDHunter

LDHunter

ouch.... ;Q

I was trying to keep this from getting personal.... ;l

$bob$

20. LDHunter

LDHunter

Rsilvers,

If I owe you an apology then you have it.

I guess I don't feel much recoil and you do from a G36. We each have our own preferences, likes and dislikes and I guess that's why there are so many kinds of guns and ammo.

It's all OK with me if it's OK with you.;f

Mas... You need to find someone else to preach at. You are the first one to start namecalling and I don't care for it.

Sincerely,
    $bob$