Glock 30 vs Glock 36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ken43, May 7, 2005.

1. Ken43

Ken43

I am a retired police officer. I have been hired to do background investigations for a local police dept. I have been carrying my Glock 30 and have found that it gives me back pain, due to nerve damage. I compared a Glock 36 to a Glock 27 which I used to carry. They are almost the same weight. I am thinking of trading my Glock 30 for a 36 to lighten the weight on my back.
    What do you think???
    Thanks
    Ken

2. AZG23

AZG23

Most will say to not sell or trade a weapon...but buy another to suit your needs....this isnt always financially prudent for some folks.

I would actually look at carrying differently...I used to carry IWB in the 4:00-4:30 postion and it gave me back pain...Ive since moved up to about 3:00-3:30...for the last 10 years it hasnt caused me any back pain whatsoever. YMMV.

3. pete1953

pete1953

Consideration should also be given to trying a different holster. I had tried numerous holsters for my Glock 36 before I tried the Milt Sparks Versa Max II. You can almost forget you are carrying when you use it. Yes I am very happy with my Glock 36 with the Versa Max II.

4. Planet-Ed

Planet-Ed STOP and RTFM

I'd have to suggest looking at modifying your carry method also first if weight is your only concern. The weight difference between the 30 and 36 is only 6.87ounces max (3.88oz less in gun weight and 2.99oz less in full magazine weight) .. Reducing the weight by only 6.8oz is probably not going to really help your back much on such a small weight change .. A good belt and holster properly positioned should negate and small difference in weight.

5. G-30Jet

G-30Jet

It may not be the weight, it could be the holster you are using or the position or the belt, or you. Try a different mode of carry or a different holster. The very best holsters are really worth the money if they work for you and are comfortable all day.

Hope this helps.

6. G-Bone

G-Bone the 29 is fine

100% ACCURATE !!!