close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 vs 36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocktalker, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Glocktalker

Glocktalker

I currently have a 26 but I am thinking of consolidating into 45 acp and I am considering a model 30 or 36. It will be a concealed carry gun. Opinions and experiences with these models wouild be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

2. LewisQ

LewisQ 357SIG/10mm

One of the gus I have on CCW is a 36. I like the single stack and conceals very well. THe 30 is a bit more wider. I suggest you try to rent both to see which one you like better.

3. glockin101

glockin101 CCSO56

I had a 36 but traded it in for a 30 which I like much better. To me it conceals just as easy as the 36 and is easier to shoot.

4. TenMil

TenMil Cottonwood Tree

If ya ask me, the only difference between the two is you lose 4 rounds with the 36, for the sake of some "perceived" advantage of the gun being slimmer.

My grandpop carried a 4" Smith and Wesson Model 10 as his concealement gun for 40+ years. By no means a "slim" gun.
    I guess people have jus gotten wimpier, but the extra few millimeters shaved off the 36 for the sake of some placebo "comfort" effect just isn't worth the 4 round trade off.
    I carried a Dan Wessson 2 1/2" Snub heavily customized by Dave Brann for a long time. The only thing done to it for the sake of "comfort" was a dehorn job. The gun feels like a worn bar of soap, and is very easy to carry, even though it is blocky as hell, and heavy as a tugboat. I NEVER even once had a problem concealing that boxy-assed wheelgun, and I lived in 99% Humidity, 105 degree temprature Louisiana, where heavy clothing could cause heat stroke.

I just can't justify the 36 as being remotley "better" than the 30 because it's a bit slimmer. I've fired and handled both, and the difference isn't enough to warrant forsaking 4 potentially lifesaving rounds.

5. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

There isn't much difference in perceived thickness. I had both and gave my brother the G36, I didn't like losing the 4 rounds and being just as easy to conceal I'll carry the G30.

6. Rich

Rich

It's the one.;f

Rich

7. 10-Ring

10-Ring

I preferred the 36. Anything larger, I've got my USP 45.

8. hpg

hpg

go with the 30, only 1/8" wider than the 36, same legnth. 4 more rounds. hpg:cool:

9. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Good gracious!
    I've been away from GT for about a year, and this debate is STILL going on?
    Try both, and buy whichever feels best to YOU.

Shoot straight!

10. GoodGuy

GoodGuy

I sold my 30 and bought a 36. The main reason was I like the way the 36 felt in my hand. It' a personal thing. Buy whichever one feels better for you. No one can tell you which gun is better for you. Only you can do that.
    If I was going to be that concerned with capacity, I would choose my 19 or 27.

Good luck! :cool:

11. cgilbert

cgilbert

Shoot them both and decide which one you like best. For me, the 36 is the ultimate. I like all the subs, but the slimmer grip fits my hand nice, it conceals well, and I love the way it shoots. I don't own the 30 yet, probably my next gun.

12. TripleP

TripleP Keepin' it Real

The best choice (as everyone has said) is to shoot both and decide.

With that said, I pondered the same question for a couple of months. Finally decided on the G30. The extra weight makes it quite accurate, more than I expected. The extra rounds are nice to. It is my primary carry weapon and my pistol I use when I am out target shooting and having fun.

I really love it. An amazing pistol.

G30 all the way!

;3