Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i currently have a glock 19 i carry in a galco summer comfort iwb holster at about 1:30, or appendix carry. i bought a g30 and love it and was looking at the milt sparks vm2 holster and wanted to know if anyone carries it in the same position as i do or if it is comfortable in that position.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, guy, I have a G 30SF...and most of my holsters are from Milt Sparks...his executive companion/and summer specials...but his lead time for a holster is DECEMBER..probably January now...I've got a MTAC that is just adequate...personally, it buries the grip too low...Would love to carry in a Sparks, but lead time is CRAZY...I knew him back in the day...The 30SF is one accurate handgun..tighter groups than my G19...who'd thought..good luck..let me know if you find a suitable leather rig........jbsedona

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
The VM2 is my favorite for all my pistols, but I don't think you'd be happy wearing it that far forward. It has a wide footprint (which makes it so comfortable) that I doubt would work for appendix carry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The VM2 is my favorite for all my pistols, but I don't think you'd be happy wearing it that far forward. It has a wide footprint (which makes it so comfortable) that I doubt would work for appendix carry.
thats what i was thinking, thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Is the appendix carry your most comfortable position? Or does that depend on the holster. I love my VM II's I use them and the Milt sparks Summer Specials almost all the time when I go IWB. But I am using at just aft of the 3:15 position but not quite 4:00 O clock. lol. Like mentioned and correctly, the distance between the belt loops are pretty widely spaced so wearing that holster that far forward I think will make it at least hard to sit down with. You might get away with that from the stand point of a cross draw holster. But I really think sitting in a car with a VM-II forward like that would be difficult.

You might try it with the Summer Special because it's more narrow between the belt loops.

Now as an option Kramer makes a great Holster IWB called the Thomas Perfectionist. This was an idea by Gun Writer Duane Thomas and provides a forward can't which might help

http://www.kramerleather.com/home.cfm

Best of luck

·
Intergalactic
4,127 Posts
Chek out the K&D Maverick Defender...the cant is adjustable and it works far better than the VM2 for appendix carry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts