close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 30 Trigger Guard

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ialefty2, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Ialefty2

Ialefty2

Problem. Bottom of my trigger finger gets pinched between trigger
    and trigger Guard during reset.

I read on a GT thread about straighting a wraped Glock
    by heating frame in boiling water for 15 seconds.

Hmmmm, would that work to bend my trigger guard to
    get more space between trigger and trigger guard??
    Has anyone tried this, any thoughts?

2. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Probably not.

3. Keoking

Keoking

I've never heard of the bending thing, but I have exactly the same problem as you. I took a Dremel with a drum shaped sandpaper wheel and went to town on the inside of my trigger guard. It looks like hell, but from a functionality standpoint I was very pleased. If I had to do it over again, I would probably steal the emory board my wife uses on her fingernails and carefully grind away the inside of the guard. That should produce a flatter, less ragged shape than the Dremel.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Haven't seen that problem before - are you putting your finger way too low on the trigger or gripping too low or both? If so, work on a proper grip and trigger finger placement and don't mess with the gun.

5. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

If your finger really is that large and you are not too low on the trigger you can do some cutting on the inside of the triggerguard to get more clearance.

6. Ialefty2

Ialefty2

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Wow, the guy with the boiling water/frame warped response - holy crap. That's a pretty irresponsible post from somebody who doesn't know what he's talking about. .:freak: :freak: :headscratch::headscratch:

For what his advice is worth, here's his post from March of this year: http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=513845

My suggestion for the "novice gun owner," above, is not to give BS advice about things you know nothing about, 3 months after buying your first gun, by the way.

As for the Glock, the trigger guard is more important to the safety of the Glock than any other gun I can think of. I usually recommend Glock as the best gun for everybody, but if your fingers don't fit it, I'd say find another gun, instead of altering the Glock.